News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scars

Started by HVC, September 03, 2009, 07:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many real (1 inch or greater) scars do you have?

None
6 (15.8%)
1-2
19 (50%)
3-4
6 (15.8%)
>5
6 (15.8%)
I'm a severe burn victim
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

garbon

Quote from: Viking on September 04, 2009, 02:02:01 PM
c'mon, it's called lake "lake" and has a boathouse...

Actually it is more like Lake "Little Lake" or Lake "Dearest Lake." Its name is not Lake Laguna. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2009, 09:48:02 AM
I've got a huge one on my leg, just ask Cal. :D
No, don't ask me. :bleeding:

I have 2-3 scars on my hands (yes, longer than an inch) from my dearly departed cat, who thought it was fun to claw the shit out of me.  <_<

I was born with a hernia and I used to have an abdominal scar from when that was repaired, but I think it might have faded away by now... will have to check.

I also have a scar on the inside of my right forearm from some blood test thing with prongs I had done as a kid (to test for hemophilia, I think).  It's like an inch and a half long and has two 'prong' marks.

I also suspect I have a > 1 inch scar from when my pilonidal cyst was repaired but I'll have to ask Princesca to check that one, since I don't have eyes in the back of my ass.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Your such a wuss.  :D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2009, 02:09:22 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on September 04, 2009, 01:53:23 PM
>5.  Reasons are well known.

Gang of 3rd graders?
:lol:
Surgery, being taken to with branch or something when I was 13.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2009, 02:12:10 PM
I think it triggered my hemophobia or something.  My hemophobia is so severe if people talk excessively about blood I can actually faint.  :blush:

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 02:14:33 PM
I think it triggered my hemophobia or something.  My hemophobia is so severe if people talk excessively about blood I can actually faint.  :blush:
interesting... :menace:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

What a great Legionaire you'd make.  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

What? You can't be serious, it's not that bad. It actually healed really well for a scar that large.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2009, 02:17:07 PM
What? You can't be serious, it's not that bad. It actually healed really well for a scar that large.
I was expanding on the hemophobia bit there.  I didn't feel faint due to your leg.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2009, 02:16:28 PMWhat a great Legionaire you'd make.  :rolleyes:
In the words of the immortal Johnny Cash, I'd "have to get tough or die" in that situation.  :P

derspiess

I guess I only have one scar that meets the criteria.  It's on the inside of my wrist & could be misconstrued as a suicide attempt :lol:

The way I got it was almost as dumb.  I was in college, leaving a hockey game where the local team won the game on a shootout, so we were full of alcohol *and* adrenaline.  As I was walking through the exit in the stands, I reached up to high-five someone & a jagged piece of metal scraped off a thin swathe of skin (I'm guessing 2 layers).  Took forever for that bitch to heal, and about a year more for the scar to fade.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall