News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Glenn Beck: Murderer and Rapist?

Started by Syt, September 02, 2009, 03:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: DGuller on September 02, 2009, 12:26:38 PM
I hate all this evaluation of which channel is more biased, and in which way.  This ignores a far, far bigger problem with cable news networks: they are very shoddy at giving useful information and analysis.

true dat, actually. I've heard that even CBC is going the way of tab journalism. Soon there will be no news worth watching, except for mocking purposes. :(
:p

Valmy

I hate all this evaluation of which channel is more biased, and in which way.  This ignores a far, far bigger problem with cable news networks: they are very shoddy at giving useful information and analysis.

They are really just more obnoxious versions of E!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 02, 2009, 09:47:37 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2009, 09:31:15 AM
Beck makes Olbermann appear rational.
Beck makes flower unicorns in the clouds look rational.

Do you get subjected to Glen Beck in the UK?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

Quote from: alfred russel on September 02, 2009, 12:30:38 PM

Fox News is the only American cable news channel that doesn't have an international version.  So it's the only one we see in its full insanity. 

I'm afraid of Beck.  I hate Hannity.  But I do quite like O'Reilly :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

I'm partial to Lori Dhue & Megyn Kelly :perv:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Agreed. When I watch the cable channels I want news, and some of the programs with analysts on different sides of issues. I do watch some of the opinion type shows too, Matthews, Beck, Dobbs, O'Reilly, but I mainly want to see honest opinion and analysis, not biased views on issues. Gets very annoying and non-informative. I find myself listening to NPR a lot for their news coverage. Seems they do a good job in international or national stuff when they're just doing the news. CNN does ok and I find that Fox does ok, but they're both part of the agenda driven news, the celeb news, or tell the news that sells genre. MSNBC I rarely watch anymore except for Morning Joe. I try to catch Jim Lehrer but usually miss his news.

We really seem lacking some for real, informative and trustworthy news on the main media circuits. Sunday news shows do a good job.

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 02, 2009, 12:48:23 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 02, 2009, 12:30:38 PM

Fox News is the only American cable news channel that doesn't have an international version.  So it's the only one we see in its full insanity. 

I like O'Reilly also, except when he goes postal on someone.

Valmy

Hannity is just a repulsive person I have no idea why people like him.  At least the others have charisma.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I don't know if this is a leftist thing.  I Fark a Leftist organization.  Mostly it seems to be a parody of his style where he makes baseless accusations and then challenges people to deny them.  Similar to his "prove to me that you are not working with our enemies" statement.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 02, 2009, 06:28:19 AM
Ironically, this is the exact same method the MSM used in 2000 to go after Bush's alleged cocain use.

Ironically, Hans doesn't appear to know what "ironically" means.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Savonarola

It's the only one that airs in Australia as well.  While traveling through Egypt I met an Aussie who had watched a little too much of O'Reilly and Fox News in general.  He asked me if Mexicans really cause so many problems.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Razgovory on September 02, 2009, 02:28:52 PM

You should tell him.  Then it would be the good advice that he just didn't take.   
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

Quote from: Savonarola on September 02, 2009, 02:37:29 PM

You should tell him.  Then it would be the good advice that he just didn't take.

Lets keep it secret from him instead.  He'd be less easy to ridicule if he knew stuff.

FunkMonk

Who would've thought?

Figures.  :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Hansmeister

Now wouldn't that be ironic?  ;)