Friends, foes mark WWII’s beginning in Poland

Started by KRonn, September 01, 2009, 09:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I thought Obama had sold Poland out to Russia?  It would thus be inappropriate for a high-ranking American to show up in Poland.  Low-ranking people are sent to low-ranking countries.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: KRonn on September 01, 2009, 07:17:57 PM
It had to happen. On one of the news reports I watched, the announcer told of this date in history. And at one point, of course, he had to bring up how the Poles attacked tanks with cavalry.   <_<

Did they really?

Darth Wagtaros

Marty celebrates by going down on some Kraut wurst.
PDH!

Siege

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:47:13 PM
I thought Obama had sold Poland out to Russia?  It would thus be inappropriate for a high-ranking American to show up in Poland.  Low-ranking people are sent to low-ranking countries.

Whoa, I hadn't thought of that possibility.

That's cold.

I bet that's the way the russian are going to see it. I hope Obama knows what he is doing. Obama do know what happened on 01 SEP 39, right?

Sahib

Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2009, 09:46:21 AM
*joke about the Poles charging tanks with cavalry*

*savage beat down by fanatical internet legion of nationalist Poles follows*

On this forum?  :unsure:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Valmy

Quote from: Sahib on September 01, 2009, 09:41:12 PM
On this forum?  :unsure:

No just doing some Paradox forum re-enactments.  Man those were some of my favorite threads: the Poles frothing over WWII threads.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

It had to happen. On one of the news reports I watched, the announcer told of this date in history. And at one point, of course, he had to bring up how the Poles attacked tanks with cavalry.   <_<

:lol:

Somewhere a Polish nationalist died a little inside.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Monoriu

It had to happen. On one of the news reports I watched, the announcer told of this date in history. And at one point, of course, he had to bring up how the Poles attacked tanks with cavalry.   <_<

Looks like Goebbels won after all. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on September 01, 2009, 10:12:37 PM
Looks like Goebbels won after all. 

You can blame the Cold War for the persistence of this story.  Before the Poles emerged from the iron curtain to be flabbergasted by the story we all just assumed it was true.

derspiess

It had to happen. On one of the news reports I watched, the announcer told of this date in history. And at one point, of course, he had to bring up how the Poles attacked tanks with cavalry.   <_<

:punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 01, 2009, 07:39:33 PM
I've often thought that Biden offers an incredible benefit as VP.  When he says something about foreign policy I imagine the Embassies and Chancelleries of the world go into overdrive trying to work out whether it's the administration floating something, a Freudian slip representing real policy or just Biden being Biden.  It must be useful to have someone like that around.
Unfortunately, the problem is that while Obama shares a lot of traits with God, immortality is not one of them.

Siege

Bullshit. I was replying to this thread and my windows closed.

A sign.

Or maybe i am too drunk. I can't tell, with Iron Maiden playing on my Itunes.

Siege

Only The Good Die Young   4:42   Iron Maiden   Piece Of Mind   1983   Other      9   9/2/2009 12:51 AM   4

Martinus

Quote from: KRonn on September 01, 2009, 09:42:04 AM
A somber remembrance.

Putin and Merkel will be there. US is sending National Security Adviser James Jones? That choice seems a bit odd. I do wish the US saw fit to send at least a different position, perhaps a high level State dept, preferably Sec State Hillary Clinton or her deputy, or the VP Biden.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32637688/ns/world_news-europe/

Friends, foes mark WWII's beginning in Poland
Leaders of Germany, Russia join tributes to millions killed in 6-year conflict

For the record the low level of the US representation has been duly noted here and taken offense about. Not that I care. :P