News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tainted cocaine kills 3, sickens dozens

Started by garbon, August 31, 2009, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Just say no. Why do people put this junk into their bodies anyway?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

saskganesh

Quote from: KRonn on September 01, 2009, 11:50:18 AM

because it makes them feel good. at least in the beginning.

as a parallel, see: fast food.
humans were created in their own image

Strix

Quote from: saskganesh on September 01, 2009, 03:46:28 PM

as a parallel, see: marriage.

I fixed that for you!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

KRonn

Quote from: saskganesh on September 01, 2009, 03:46:28 PM
Quote from: KRonn on September 01, 2009, 11:50:18 AM

as a parallel, see: fast food.
I realize people do it for the good feeling, rush, the high. But it's still a dumb ass thing to be doing. I've had a few friends, smart people, get messed up over drugs. I do realize that some of you do drugs, so I'm not trying to be holier than thou. Just that in my mind it's a bad idea, but I'm not going to demonize someone over it.

Capetan Mihali

I think some people, for various reasons, are more inclined to be susceptible to the kind of pleasure that drug experiences offer.  Plenty of people try drugs and can basically take or leave them, while other people are somehow driven to use them to the point where they become physically or psychologically addicted.  I think alcohol is much the same.  Many people binge drink at some point in their lives (usually college in the American model), and then basically adjust their drinking to social norms for the rest of their lives, while some of their peers end up drinking more and more until they are essentially alcoholics.

I think genetics, family circumstances, self-perception, and environment all have a lot to do with whether someone goes in one direction or the other regarding drugs/alcohol.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

saskganesh

I think criminalisation helps create distorted social norms that encourage more abuse than would be otherwise expected. alteration of the human mind through outside substances goes back to the roots of civilization (and before) when grain farmers started soaking malt.
humans were created in their own image