News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TARP to break even!?

Started by jimmy olsen, August 28, 2009, 01:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sahib

Quote from: Grallon on August 28, 2009, 02:04:57 PM
Well it does seem to be the norm -> http://www.visualeconomics.com/gdp-vs-national-debt-by-country/

Canada's debt is listed as representing 62.3% of its GDP...  Russia is at 6.8% though.

G.

This map has been lambasted as being innacurate on the internets
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on August 28, 2009, 02:24:45 PM
Now suddenly increasing the amount of debt the US is carrying by what, an order of magnitude, is no big deal? What an amusing change of tune.

:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone can possibly claim its "no big deal".

But it's not  exactly the end of American civilization either.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2009, 02:28:49 PM
Now suddenly increasing the amount of debt the US is carrying by what, an order of magnitude, is no big deal? What an amusing change of tune.

It is basically the same thing Hans was saying a couple years ago.  Funny how that works.
Funny thing is I never said that.  But feel free to make up shit about what I said in the past.  It beats having to actually develop real arguments.

KRonn

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2009, 02:48:02 PM

Yeah, but I'm also hoping that we can't see the end from here....    :unsure:

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on August 28, 2009, 03:01:04 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2009, 02:28:49 PM

It is basically the same thing Hans was saying a couple years ago.  Funny how that works.
Funny thing is I never said that.  But feel free to make up shit about what I said in the past.  It beats having to actually develop real arguments.

Also, you never defended Bush.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

I don't think anyone can possibly claim it is the end of American civilization.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on August 28, 2009, 03:14:48 PM

Glen Beck.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Cecil

This is hardly surprising news. I think the swedish goverment also managed to make a profit on their bank bailout in the early 90ies.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on August 28, 2009, 03:14:48 PM

That seemed to be what grallon was getting at.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2009, 03:21:09 PMThat seemed to be what grallon was getting at.
*shrug* Well, he's basically the Eeyore of Languish.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points