I do both
9 (17%)
With at least one tire on Jaron's head
2 (3.8%)
I am a tree hugger, I don't drive!
8 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 51

BuddhaRhubarb

Null voted (i miss that option, a lot.) as I don't drive but do not hug trees either.
:p

Iormlund

I park backwards in order to have better visibility when I exit the spot, unless conditions (traffic, layout ...) do not allow or make unnecessary such approach.

DGuller

I've never tried to back into the spot, and I can't imagine how it can possibly work.  How do you not crash into the cars next to you, or know how to stop before smashing the rear of your car into a brick wall at the end of the spot?  I find reversing to be hard enough when going straight.

Iormlund

Over here in Yurop we have some tiny mirrors attached to several bits of the car.
Many current models have rear cameras or ultrasound sensors as well.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 26, 2009, 10:19:54 AM
I didn't have to do this when I took my test.  Princesca did, and she failed the first time because of it.

Neither did I. I had to go around a rotary/traffic circle and then make two 3-point turns.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on August 26, 2009, 10:19:54 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 26, 2009, 09:22:09 AM
On a driver's test the applicant has to demostrate they can parallel park.
I didn't have to do this when I took my test.  Princesca did, and she failed the first time because of it.
I had to parallel park too. I did it ok, passed the test.

Also took a motorcycle test a few years later. Passed that one too, though no parallel parking.   ;)   Though I did have to go through some low speed maneuvers to make sure I could handle the machine.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: PDH on August 26, 2009, 08:44:50 AM
Quote from: vonmoltke on August 26, 2009, 08:12:30 AM
In southern Florida, backing in is illegal in most municipal lots.
Lots of places have that law if the herringbone parking is one-direction.  It has to do with exiting into the flow of cars...

Every municipal lot I know of in my home city is perpendicular with two-way traffic, not herringbone.

Lucidor

Drive in, although if there is room in the next space I tend to drive so that my car is facing outwards.