News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Thinking of playing BG2 again

Started by Josquius, August 26, 2009, 11:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

I got it to work. Is it true you can get rid of BG1 and BG2 after running TUTU, that it copies all it has to copy into it's own library?
I like it so far. Very nicely drawn backgrounds if you look at it in 1680 x 1050 widescreen and not i horrible blownup VGA.

Kaeso

I played a Baldur's Gate last month. But I did not use Tutu. I used BGT (Trilogy). You play the game seamlessly.

Scipio

Lost my Baldur's Gate 2.  So I have complete BG1 and THrone of Bhaal, but no BG2.  FUcking ridiculous nonsense would bother me more if I liked the game, which I don't.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Can you play this old thing on Vista?  It's been years since I played those games.  Still some of the best RPGs ever made.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lucidor

Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2009, 05:59:44 PM
Can you play this old thing on Vista?  It's been years since I played those games.  Still some of the best RPGs ever made.
I have no problems with my 32 bit vista, except that water looks a bit weird, being green. There are fixes for that, but I don't mind.

saskganesh

Quote from: Lucidor on August 30, 2009, 11:34:13 AM
I got it to work. Is it true you can get rid of BG1 and BG2 after running TUTU, that it copies all it has to copy into it's own library?

you can delete BG1 as the files you need are now in the TUTU directory.
keep BG2 though. those are not copied.
humans were created in their own image

Lucidor

Quote from: saskganesh on August 30, 2009, 06:54:31 PM
you can delete BG1 as the files you need are now in the TUTU directory.
keep BG2 though. those are not copied.
Can I do an uninstall, or just delete the folder?

Razgovory

Is there a digital download someplace.  I don't know if I have all my old CDs anymore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

When I tried to play it on Vista the graphics were weird and I couldn't save the game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2009, 01:00:14 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 31, 2009, 12:48:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2009, 11:36:19 PM
I hate Vista. :(

:yes:

Of course an apple would be even more useless.

That's not an apple comment. 

I have a laptop with Vista, and 2 computers with XP.  XP is better.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Lucidor

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2009, 10:23:40 PM

When I tried to play it on Vista the graphics were weird and I couldn't save the game.
Well it works for me... There is even a 1,5 GB workaround for the water-is-green, or you could try to turn off the 3D accelleration.