News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Getting to know Alci - a mini-meet with food

Started by merithyn, August 25, 2009, 07:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

So, while elbow deep in yet another late registration, my phone dances on my desk. I ignore it since I don't recognize the number, finish my task, and try to get a few more things done before 4:30 rolls around. Ten minutes later, the phone rings again - same number. Curious, I answer it, and low and behold, it's Alcibiades! (I'd forgotten we'd planned to get together this evening for coffee/soda.)

Max, Jak, and I met up with him at a local coffee shop downtown, ordered food and drinks (except Alci had already eaten) and commenced to chatting. He's adorable in every possible way: cute, funny, interesting, and intelligent. And patient, as Jak kept peppering him with questions about the military. "No, it really doesn't pay well. Yes, I got shot at. No, I never really had much to do with hand grenades." etc.

He, like Max, is a student at UIUC so there was much discussion about classes, profs, and university in general. In addition, there was much groaning about math by Alci, Jak and I while Max grinned quietly behind his sandwich. Of course, I did my best to embarrass Jak  - he can thank me for his humility when he's older - and Alci got his own digs on him as well. Overall, a nice little meeting that I hope isn't the last since he's less than three miles away from us and knows no one in town but us.

The List:

If you are female, you were discussed.
If you are no longer on Languish, you were discussed.
If you post with any regularity now, you may have been discussed, but we didn't bother to write anyone's names down. :P

(In all honesty, most of the chatting was about what Alci has been up to and what he's planning now. Maybe there will be a more interesting List (tm) next time.)

P.S. Alci, what are you doing on the 13th? Up for watching a few games at Jupiter's?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Alcibiades

Don't think I called you twice...hope it wasn't important.  :P

Had a good time with their family.  All very nice, they bought my drink.   :blush:

As she said, talked about many of you.  Beware.   :D

All in all, my first Languish meet.  May meet more of you some day.

Maybe take some pictures next time, with a Jaron sign of course.

Yeah on the 13th we can plan on that, or I could have you and the family interested in football over maybe.  Supposed to be getting my 58" plasma here any day....  :D
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Jaron

Come to California and bring your Jaron sign and we'll see how bad ass you are then.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Jaron on August 25, 2009, 08:04:32 PM
Come to California and bring your Jaron sign and we'll see how bad ass you are then.

Deal.   :lol:

P.S.  You and your potential sock-puppet were discussed. :ph34r:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on August 25, 2009, 08:04:32 PM

You two can take a picture together. Holding the sign of course.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

You cats are only three hours away from me. 
:cheers:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Alcibiades

Ah St. Louis, right?  Bigger Languish meet?   :shifty:

FunkMonk

I work at a Poguesville AFB so I'm game Alci. My schedule is usually pretty flexible.

Alcibiades

Adding on to Meri's idea, we could get together for a football Sunday or something.  She can do the planning.   ^_^

merithyn

<_<

Funk, what are you doing Sunday, September 13th? We're meeting at Alci's place to watch football.  :P

FunkMonk

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 25, 2009, 09:47:42 PM
Adding on to Meri's idea, we could get together for a football Sunday or something.  She can do the planning.   ^_^
:thumbsup:
Also, I'm rooting for you guys on against Missouri. Fuck the Tigers. :hug:

FunkMonk

Quote from: merithyn on August 25, 2009, 09:56:08 PM
<_<

Funk, what are you doing Sunday, September 13th? We're meeting at Alci's place to watch football.  :P
:D

13th looks good for me. I go to school on Saturdays so Sunday is my chill-out day.

merithyn

I'll provide the chili and corn bread. Chips, salsa and beer are on you two.

Anyone else nearby interested? Alci's getting a 58" TV to watch football on. :D

EDIT: These are the games on that day:

JAC @ IND    1:00 PM         
DET @ NO    1:00 PM           
PHI @ CAR    1:00 PM               
DAL @ TB            1:00 PM     
NYJ @ HOU    1:00 PM          
KC @ BAL            1:00 PM     
DEN @ CIN    1:00 PM        
MIN @ CLE    1:00 PM         
MIA @ ATL    1:00 PM         
WAS @ NYG    4:15 PM         
SF @ ARI            4:15 PM         
STL @ SEA    4:15 PM           
CHI @ GB            8:20 PM

Steelers play on Thursday, so I'm not married to any of the games that day. If Alci follows through with his threat and gets the NFL Ticket we can watch any of them. If not, we'll be stuck with what's showing.