The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

My new job includes a better discount for Verizon. So while I was switching my plan over, on a whim, I ordered a 64GB iPhone 6S+. Back ordered until Nov. 2nd though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Monoriu

Quote from: Liep on September 28, 2015, 08:50:36 AM
Goddamn apple.dk making me wait 2 weeks to buy the 6s+

That seems fairly normal, at least to those of us from Hong Kong. 

MadBurgerMaker

Anyone have any experience with Gazelle or other similar sites?  My new laptop is on the way, so I want to sell my two old Macs without fucking around with eBay.

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 19, 2015, 11:07:39 AM
Anyone have any experience with Gazelle or other similar sites?  My new laptop is on the way, so I want to sell my two old Macs without fucking around with eBay.

No, but let me know what you wind up doing.  I have a similar dilemma.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2015, 11:08:48 AM
No, but let me know what you wind up doing.  I have a similar dilemma.

Will do.  I might end up sending the Air in first as a test subject to see if I get screwed or not. 

MadBurgerMaker

Sorry Beeb, I cancelled the new laptop order this morning and am just hanging on to the Macs for now. 

Jaron

My iPhone 6 + isnt big enough. I need something with a bigger screen.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Jaron on November 04, 2015, 02:50:29 AM
My iPhone 6 + isnt big enough. I need something with a bigger screen.

I'm going to assume you're being sardonic, but if you're not, the Nexus 6 and Samsung Galaxy Mega II are both 6" (exactly) screens (they actually  shrunk the Mega- the original was 6.4"), and Blu makes a 7" phone, the Blu Studio 7.0.
Experience bij!

Liep

Apple's latest invention:

A battery case for the iPhone 6/6S. If this hadn't also been the year they designed the tasty MacBook 12 I would've thought it was all over for them.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

MadBurgerMaker

Wow.  That's.....really bad looking.

Monoriu

Just received our new ipad Pro.  The screen is about the same size as a regular laptop.  Makes it easier for the wife to watch videos at home.  The old ipad will probably be used during our travels.  The ipad mini that we bought years ago is all but useless.   

Barrister

So last night my iPhone went for an unexpected swim in the toilet. <_< :ultra: :frusty:

After I let it dry it was working for a little while, but now it's gone.

So I'm hoping that means I get a new iPhone. 

katmai

did you put in rice to try to sap out moisture?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

mongers

What is it with people taking cellphones into the bathroom or being careless with them around water? 

It would rather spoil my mental picture of BB if I found out he posted on Languish whilst taking a dump.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"