The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

The Apple Watch 2 would have to be much, much thinner for me to consider a purchase.

Also, what's the latest on the new iPhone coming next month? Will it get a camera upgrade? If so I might upgrade from my 5.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on August 13, 2015, 03:03:06 AM
The Apple Watch 2 would have to be much, much thinner for me to consider a purchase.

Also, what's the latest on the new iPhone coming next month? Will it get a camera upgrade? If so I might upgrade from my 5.

Rumors are faster processor, yes, a new 12MP camera, force-touch sensitivity (from Watch), and an improved fingerprint ID sensor.

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-6s/

If you have a 5, you'll now be three models behind once the 6s comes out, so yes it's probably worth considering an upgrade - I wouldn't recommend it if you're only one or two models behind.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

I have an iphone 6 plus and there is no way I am buying this 6S.  None of the rumoured changes mean anything to me. 

Barrister

Quote from: Monoriu on August 13, 2015, 10:13:55 AM
I have an iphone 6 plus and there is no way I am buying this 6S.  None of the rumoured changes mean anything to me.

You'd only be one model behind.  I wouldn't recommend you get a 6s plus unless you have money to burn.  Wait until the 7s comes out.

Monoriu

Quote from: Barrister on August 13, 2015, 10:19:47 AM

You'd only be one model behind.  I wouldn't recommend you get a 6s plus unless you have money to burn.  Wait until the 7s comes out.

My last phone was a 4S.  I only bought a 6 plus because of the significantly larger screen.  I'll only buy a new mobile if (a) my phone stops working or (b) there is a very big and specific advantage.  But as far as screen size goes I can't imagine getting an even bigger phone.  The size of the 6 plus is the largest I'll accept in a mobile phone.  Anything bigger is too large for my pocket.  So far I can't imagine any killer application that I really want.  My plan is to use this phone until it stops working.  Don't care if iphone 7, 8 or 9 is available.

Barrister

Quote from: Monoriu on August 13, 2015, 10:24:18 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 13, 2015, 10:19:47 AM

My last phone was a 4S.  I only bought a 6 plus because of the significantly larger screen.  I'll only buy a new mobile if (a) my phone stops working or (b) there is a very big and specific advantage.  But as far as screen size goes I can't imagine getting an even bigger phone.  The size of the 6 plus is the largest I'll accept in a mobile phone.  Anything bigger is too large for my pocket.  So far I can't imagine any killer application that I really want.  My plan is to use this phone until it stops working.  Don't care if iphone 7, 8 or 9 is available.

As phone processors get faster, and have more memory, you'll eventually want to upgrade even if your current phone is working.

Monoriu

Quote from: Barrister on August 13, 2015, 10:25:37 AM

As phone processors get faster, and have more memory, you'll eventually want to upgrade even if your current phone is working.

I don't even have a contract on the phone.  I use pre-paid cards.  I mainly use the phone for phone calls and itunes.  If I don't do apps or use it for browsing, a faster processor doesn't mean much.

Barrister

Quote from: Monoriu on August 13, 2015, 10:28:32 AM

I don't even have a contract on the phone.  I use pre-paid cards.  I mainly use the phone for phone calls and itunes.  If I don't do apps or use it for browsing, a faster processor doesn't mean much.

Why did you even need a bigger screen then?

Monoriu

Quote from: Barrister on August 13, 2015, 10:33:03 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on August 13, 2015, 10:28:32 AM

Why did you even need a bigger screen then?

Sometimes I have free wifi access.  Like when I sit in a restaurant waiting for the wife.  The 4S screen was far too small for my taste even when I look at the itunes playlists. 

Tonitrus

I still use a 4S.  Works just fine.  :sleep:

Monoriu

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 13, 2015, 07:38:59 PM
I still use a 4S.  Works just fine.  :sleep:

I also use it.  I have a mainland SIM card that I put in my 4S, and I just take it with me when I go there. 

Liep

We've just received a mail that our IT department is getting ready to update our apps so we can update our iPads from iOS 7.1 to 8.4! Hurray!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 07, 2015, 11:01:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2015, 09:31:17 PM
:lmfao: :yeahright:

They don't announce a release date, but usually WWDC is when they get the word out to developers that there's going to be new hardware that needs some software to go along with it.  In the meantime, changing development targets is not as simple a process as you'd think (especially when Apple doesn't exactly give out presale devices to most developers), so word starts to hit the grapevine usually around April-early May.
So DSB you were saying?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son