The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 07, 2015, 11:01:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2015, 09:31:17 PM
:lmfao: :yeahright:

They don't announce a release date, but usually WWDC is when they get the word out to developers that there's going to be new hardware that needs some software to go along with it.  In the meantime, changing development targets is not as simple a process as you'd think (especially when Apple doesn't exactly give out presale devices to most developers), so word starts to hit the grapevine usually around April-early May.

I don't think that's what katmai thought was ":lmfao: :yeahright:", my guess would be "My sprint rep and I".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Apple Music won't have more songs than Spotify, in that not the entire iTunes library can be streamed.

So I guess I still have to actually buy my Bill Callahan albums. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on June 09, 2015, 01:50:41 PM
Apple Music won't have more songs than Spotify, in that not the entire iTunes library can be streamed.

Except there are some artists who refuse to allow their music to be on Spotify because it has a free service.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on June 09, 2015, 01:53:07 PM
Quote from: Liep on June 09, 2015, 01:50:41 PM

Except there are some artists who refuse to allow their music to be on Spotify because it has a free service.

True. :hmm: Maybe there's hope.

Monoriu

Apple does a poor job about mobile hotspots.  There is no contract on my iphone, so I normally have no internet access.  My wife has 4G access, so she normally allows my phone to use her network.  It used to work fine with her Samsung and my iphones.  She just turn on the function and I can access the internet with no problem. 

Ever since she bought her iphone 6 plus, it almost doesn't work anymore.  I can detect her network on my iphone, but it is very difficult to establish a connection.  It takes 5-6 attempts at least just to connect, then it takes another 4-5 attempts to enter the password.  I am sure that I have typed in the right password, but it is constantly rejected.  After the recent patches, the success rate has almost dwindled to zero. 

When it comes to mobile hotspots, Samsung and Android are much better. 

Liep

Yeah, it usually takes 2-3 minutes before my ipad can connect to my iphone's hotspot. Doesn't matter if I try bluetooth or wifi.

DontSayBanana

Well, I ended up sticking with Apple phones- picked up an iPhone 6+.

Having an actual current device is a huge difference for me.  Also, I like that the 6+ can do a landscape home screen like the iPad, since it makes more sense for me to dash-mount the phone horizontally.
Experience bij!

Liep

Apple Music takes everything that is awful about iTunes and exacerbates it by matching (or rather failing to do so) all your music with a cloud server that, to put it mildly, is under performing and dragging the already slow iTunes down to unbearable levels.

The 3 free months is all I'll bother with this if it doesn't improve vastly.

katmai

Went and bought the Watch today, have I become the new Beeb?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Duque de Bragança

Buying the Apple Watch is much worse that anything Beeb did or even could have done.  :(

Monoriu

I bought an iWatch for the wife a few months ago.  She has been wearing it ever since.  The biggest advantage seems to be that she no longer misses phone calls. 

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on August 10, 2015, 05:56:20 PM
Went and bought the Watch today, have I become the new Beeb?

Or just an elitist, Hollywood thing.  <_<

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 11, 2015, 04:57:05 AM
Buying the Apple Watch is much worse that anything Beeb did or even could have done.  :(

I might still buy an Apple Watch one of these days.  I just don't want to buy v 1.0 on any Apple product. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.