The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 11, 2015, 10:52:47 AM

Where do they do that?  We've got Comcast here, I can get HBO Go and Cinemax Go through Verizon Wireless.

Yeah, through Verizon Wireless, not Comcast.  Now try to run HBO Go on a Roku (or any other streaming device, including consoles like PS4) through your home Internet.  I'll wait.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Must be a serious Whoopsie glitch on their part, because we get HBO Go through all our streaming devices, including my Dad's Sony media player;  not that he needs it, since they watch can HBO On Demand through Comcast's DVRs. Weird.  :unsure:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 11, 2015, 11:10:53 AM
Must be a serious Whoopsie glitch on their part, because we get HBO Go through all our streaming devices, including my Dad's Sony media player;  not that he needs it, since they watch can HBO On Demand through Comcast's DVRs. Weird.  :unsure:

It is.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/03/comcast-is-not-saying-when-it-will-make-hbo-go-available-on-the-ps4/

Oh, slight ex post facto edit: I'd forgotten that Roku struck a deal with Comcast to authenticate.  Still mostly consoles that are blocked, but I'm wondering if Apple and Comcast have had The Conversation yet, or if we're going to hear that Comcast customers can't authenticate again.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Hell, I knew about the PS4;  that's no different than the PS3 situation.  You mentioned Comcast;  we have Comcast.  And we still get HBO Go on our devices;  I just have to log into it with my Dad's Comcast/Xfinity account.

Liep

Quote from: mongers on March 11, 2015, 02:41:16 PM
No mention of this global outage stuff for iThingies?

Global outage on what? My iThingie works fine, although Spotify has drained a bit more battery than usual.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Got the wife a new iPhone 6.  Went with the Sprint lease plan this time.  Lease seems almost too good to be true but I couldn't see much of a downside.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2015, 01:03:43 PM
Got the wife a new iPhone 6.  Went with the Sprint lease plan this time.  Lease seems almost too good to be true but I couldn't see much of a downside.

Well there's bound to be a 6s coming in the fall, so they are probably starting to discount the 6 a little bit...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

My parents are on my account and they flat-out gave me a free (with 2-year commitment) iPhone 5s for my mom's line. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2015, 01:38:53 PM
Well there's bound to be a 6s coming in the fall, so they are probably starting to discount the 6 a little bit...

Don't hold your breath.  Apple typically announces those around June, so by this point there would already have been word put out that there's going to be an announcement.  My Sprint rep and I were having pretty much that exact discussion this evening.
Experience bij!

Liep

http://www.techradar.com/news/digital-home/these-are-the-first-apple-homekit-devices-that-you-can-buy-1295609

I need those. It's cheap considering how much time I spend walking back up the stairs to check to see if I my door is really closed.

derspiess

So what is it with women and not wanting to upgrade the iOS version on their phone.  Within the last few weeks I've had women ask me for help on their iPhones and not one single phone was up to date.  It would drive me insane knowing there was an update available and not installing it.

katmai

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 23, 2015, 10:42:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2015, 01:38:53 PM

Don't hold your breath.  Apple typically announces those around June, so by this point there would already have been word put out that there's going to be an announcement.  My Sprint rep and I were having pretty much that exact discussion this evening.
:lmfao: :yeahright:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2015, 09:31:17 PM
:lmfao: :yeahright:

They don't announce a release date, but usually WWDC is when they get the word out to developers that there's going to be new hardware that needs some software to go along with it.  In the meantime, changing development targets is not as simple a process as you'd think (especially when Apple doesn't exactly give out presale devices to most developers), so word starts to hit the grapevine usually around April-early May.
Experience bij!