The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

You're probably right, it's been "in development" since 2013. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on March 09, 2015, 05:19:41 PM
Did I miss something today?  :unsure:

I think you know exactly what you missed, and you're doing your usual "I'm above such mere human trivialities" things.

garbon

I had to look up what Liep was talking about initially. But then I also hadn't been on buzzfeed or yahoo news yet. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

You're still adjusting to your transatlantic shift, so you get a pass.  Even though you've found the time to date already.   :glare:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2015, 01:44:16 PM
A maxxed out gold Apple Watch will sell for $10,000. :o

I want one (well, not the $10,000 gold one), but no way I'm buying a 1st generation apple product.

I read somewhere that Apple will buy up so much gold for the Apple Watches that there is pressure on global demand for gold, because it takes up a significant chunk of annual global supply. 

I don't understand what the appeal for an Apple Watch is.  The screen is far too small to do anything useful.  What exactly is the purpose of the watch?

Barrister

Quote from: Monoriu on March 09, 2015, 08:43:58 PM

I want one (well, not the $10,000 gold one), but no way I'm buying a 1st generation apple product.

I read somewhere that Apple will buy up so much gold for the Apple Watches that there is pressure on global demand for gold, because it takes up a significant chunk of annual global supply.

I don't understand what the appeal for an Apple Watch is.  The screen is far too small to do anything useful.  What exactly is the purpose of the watch?

That's ridiculous.

Tons of gold are produced per year.  Primarily for jewellery of all sorts of course.

The huge majority of Apple Watches will not be gold.  Only a handful of the premium Apple Watch Editions will be gold, and each of them will have much less than an ounce.

The Apple Watch will have no meaningful influence on the price of gold.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

It seems the new Macbook Air will only one USB slot  :bleeding: :ultra: :x :thumbsdown: :pinch: :frusty: :yuk:

Barrister

Quote from: Monoriu on March 10, 2015, 01:14:25 AM
It seems the new Macbook Air will only one USB slot  :bleeding: :ultra: :x :thumbsdown: :pinch: :frusty: :yuk:

Correction:

The new Mac Book has only one USB slot.

The new MBA still has the regular assortment of slots.

:contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

Quote from: Barrister on March 10, 2015, 01:17:36 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 10, 2015, 01:14:25 AM

Correction:

The new Mac Book has only one USB slot.

The new MBA still has the regular assortment of slots.

:contract:

Ok, I'll defer to your knowledge on this.  But I think one is totally unacceptable.  Three is ideal.  Two is manageable.  One is cruel and unusual. 

Liep

Apple raised the prices on all products today because of the weak Euro. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Feel the Burn Europe, feel it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Liep on March 09, 2015, 01:49:59 PM
'HBO Now' exclusively on Apple. That's great news if it means HBO Nordic can be watched on Apple TV now.

Wonder if Comcast will block that like they block HBO Go.
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

Nope.  $350 for a watch that has all the same functionality as a $99 Pebble?  No thanks.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 11, 2015, 10:51:24 AM
Quote from: Liep on March 09, 2015, 01:49:59 PM
'HBO Now' exclusively on Apple. That's great news if it means HBO Nordic can be watched on Apple TV now.

Wonder if Comcast will block that like they block HBO Go.

Where do they do that?  We've got Comcast here, I can get HBO Go and Cinemax Go through Verizon Wireless.