Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2015, 04:44:14 PM
Quote from: Josephus on February 02, 2015, 12:47:10 PM
Just upgraded my 4 to a 6 yesterday

Well?

Sorry...missed this.

Well, it's a huge upgrade really. Teh most noticeable thing is the difference in speed. Obviously it's bigger too.

My old 4 also couldn't handle the newer apps.

I thought for once I'll have the latest model. Had to pay an arm and a leg for it, but I plan on keeping it for a while.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Went and pulled the trigger for the 6 Plus. 

Like Josephus said, the 4s just couldn't keep up with the newer apps, and the poor thing was working too hard with the new iOS, killing the battery like nobody's business.  The days of the 4s being used as anything more than a phone with a nice camera are behind it, I think.

QuoteI thought for once I'll have the latest model. Had to pay an arm and a leg for it, but I plan on keeping it for a while.

Yeah, never had the latest and greatest, either.  Since I got the two year contract, the cost of the device is spread over 2 years and even with the full-blown 128GB, it's only about $25 more a month than my 4s, so what they hey.  Should arrive tomorrow.

CountDeMoney

OK, this thing is fucking sweet.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Yeah, but you're not always expressive, what with your rugged individualism.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

And Verizon's still giving me my Shareholder Value, Inc., employee discount.  How's that for sticking it to The Man?  :fistintheair:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2015, 10:25:54 AM
And Verizon's still giving me my Shareholder Value, Inc., employee discount.  How's that for sticking it to The Man?  :fistintheair:

Lemme guess: 15%?  They give that discount to pretty much any employer that takes the time to call them up and ask for it.  My mom got a Verizon discount for being part of a union as a deli worker at Pathmark.
Experience bij!

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2015, 10:25:54 AM

Mobile companies seem to be bad about it. My colleague worked at T-Mobile and left almost four years ago. Still has her company phone and discount.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Liep

I'm again pretty impressed with Apple's hype machine. Even for a gadget that looks useless, now very smart and is going to be too expensive they manage to get all news sites to write about their event tonight.

If it's below 3000kr I might get one. :blush:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

A maxxed out gold Apple Watch will sell for $10,000. :o

I want one (well, not the $10,000 gold one), but no way I'm buying a 1st generation apple product.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

'HBO Now' exclusively on Apple. That's great news if it means HBO Nordic can be watched on Apple TV now.

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on March 09, 2015, 01:49:59 PM
'HBO Now' exclusively on Apple. That's great news if it means HBO Nordic can be watched on Apple TV now.

It almost certainly doesn't.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.