Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on February 04, 2015, 05:01:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2015, 04:44:14 PM
Quote from: Josephus on February 02, 2015, 12:47:10 PM
Just upgraded my 4 to a 6 yesterday

Well?

He's two up or two down, depending on how you look at it.

Or he's started to hit a lot of confused people on the golf course.

That's actually a hell of an upgrade, considering it went 4 -> 4s -> 5 -> 5s ->6.

I'm willing to bet Jos noticed a substantial improvement.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

I don't want to get rid of my 4s, but I fear Apple will make me;  they're already making me remove apps due to the memory requirements of the OS whenever it gets updated.

Ed Anger

I'm feeling pressure on upgrading my iPad 2. Assholes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 08:21:15 AM
I don't want to get rid of my 4s, but I fear Apple will make me;  they're already making me remove apps due to the memory requirements of the OS whenever it gets updated.

Your 4S came out in 2011.  It's getting long in the tooth already.  Maybe not today, but you will want to upgrade it at some point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on February 05, 2015, 11:23:56 AM

Your 4S came out in 2011.  It's getting long in the tooth already.  Maybe not today, but you will want to upgrade it at some point.

I don't see why "upgrade" must equal "upsize".  The technology was supposedly getting smaller.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 11:34:00 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 05, 2015, 11:23:56 AM

I don't see why "upgrade" must equal "upsize".  The technology was supposedly getting smaller.

It's what the market wanted, apparently.  Apple was losing ground to Samsung until they released bigger phones, and now they've made it all back. :mellow:

katmai

I've been enjoying 6plus since it first came out. 
Troglodytes
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Still clinging to my 4S.

I am easily past the time I can upgrade...but I have no pressing urgency.  And if I did decide to get a new phone, I'd be tempted to experiment with a Windows phone.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on February 05, 2015, 11:37:30 AM
It's what the market wanted, apparently.  Apple was losing ground to Samsung until they released bigger phones, and now they've made it all back. :mellow:

:yes: Conversely, the Galaxy S4 Mini (the size of a 4S) was by far the worst performer in the line to the point where they pulled the plug on it.
Experience bij!

MadBurgerMaker

Got my replacement for the Air in today.  A shiny new Pro Retina.   :)

katmai

Yep just came home with new macbook pro 15"
first laptop since 2007 :lol:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: katmai on February 15, 2015, 10:50:46 PM
Yep just came home with new macbook pro 15"
first laptop since 2007 :lol:

I took apart an old 15" Pro on Friday to replace the battery (old battery was toast), RAM (from 4 to 8), and HDD (to SSD).  Apple seems even more obsessed with absurdly small screws than other laptop manufacturers.  They were nice enough to make it so you don't have to disassemble the whole damn thing to get to that stuff though, unlike some others.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2015, 11:15:16 PM
hahaha?

Just was chuckling at after without laptop in half a decade I didn't wade back in as it were, and dived back in with top of line Mac laptop.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.