The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 09, 2014, 08:31:28 PM
I don't understand how they are pitching apple pay. While I can understand the transferring of funds to friends (sort of), I don't get why anyone would want to use their phone as a payment device. Too hard to swipe a credit card / pull out cash? :unsure:

It's the boarding pass to hipsterville.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

So I'm running 10.8.5

Should I update to Yosemite? Drawbacks?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Not if you want to experience a fully matured system, without any Wi-fi issues. There's Mavericks in the mean time for you.

CountDeMoney

I just wish they quit fucking around with redesigning iTunes with every patch. 
I blame Assburger programmers with the attention spans of gnats that can't sit still for 3 minutes without freebasing their Ritalin, let alone trying not to fuck with a UI.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2015, 02:42:10 PM
I just wish they quit fucking around with redesigning iTunes with every patch. 
I blame Assburger programmers with the attention spans of gnats that can't sit still for 3 minutes without freebasing their Ritalin, let alone trying not to fuck with a UI.

Agreed. I haven't updated at home as I updated at work and was like what is this shit?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

The 13" is too big, the 11" too small. In comes the 12" MacBook Air, supposedly much thinner than its predecessors with only two ports, a mini-jack plug and a USB C-Type, whatever that is.

I want one.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Although I will say I'm proud of myself for not buying the iPhone 6.

Yet.

CountDeMoney

They are making it difficult for me to hang on to my 4s.  Have to remove more and more apps so the new OS works without hiccups. 

Monoriu

I avoid using my wife's iMac as far as possible.  The operating system is very user unfriendly.  There seems no right click function anywhere, so I find it most difficult to do basic functions like copy and paste.  Finally figured out that the command line is in the toolbar after much frustration. 

Then it hit me that I went through the exact same process 20 years ago in university.  That's why I put down the "Apple OS sucks" stamp in my psyche. 

Monoriu

Quote from: Liep on January 14, 2015, 06:52:19 PM
Although I will say I'm proud of myself for not buying the iPhone 6.

Yet.

Wife bought me an iPhone 6 plus a few months ago, and so far I am happy with it.  I assumed that the fingerprint lock thing is just a marketing gimmick.  I was surprised to find that it actually worked and it was a more efficient way to unlock the phone.  I compared the screen with my wife's Samsung Galaxy Note, and we both agreed that the iphone 6 screen somehow looked better.  Despite having a large screen, the iphone 6 plus is actually lighter than the 4S.  Battery life is another plus.  I only need to recharge it every 3 or 4 days or so.  The wife needs to recharge her Samsung daily. 

Josephus

Just upgraded my 4 to a 6 yesterday
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 04, 2015, 04:44:14 PM
Quote from: Josephus on February 02, 2015, 12:47:10 PM
Just upgraded my 4 to a 6 yesterday

Well?

He's two up or two down, depending on how you look at it.

Or he's started to hit a lot of confused people on the golf course.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"