The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2014, 07:01:22 AM
Got iOS 8 yesterday afternoon right after it came out. :bowler:
I just updated to iOS 8, but I don't see a huge difference yet. I do like SwiftKey which I have missed since I left android.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Quote from: Liep on September 18, 2014, 07:17:15 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2014, 07:01:22 AM
Got iOS 8 yesterday afternoon right after it came out. :bowler:
I just updated to iOS 8, but I don't see a huge difference yet. I do like SwiftKey which I have missed since I left android.
Yeah I'm happy about that also.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

I was also hoping that they made Siri sluttier, but that doesn't seem to be the case. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2014, 12:14:24 PM
I was also hoping that they made Siri sluttier, but that doesn't seem to be the case. :(

I know.  Fucking tease.

I'm keeping my 4s until it dies.  Fuck these iPhones getting bigger.

garbon

At least female Siri sounds okay compared to the creepy male Siri.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I noticed last night that if you switch Siri to a differently-accented English voice, it hears you as if you are speaking in that accent too.

Example:

American English Siri: "Hey Siri, is there a God?"  "I'm not qualified to comment on existential subject matter." (or some other jokey sort of answer like that)
Australian English Siri: "Hey Siri, is there a God?" "Let me look that up" *pulls up wikipedia article on the subject 'Guard'  :D

katmai

Plus is flicking huge.
But enjoying phone.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on September 19, 2014, 04:21:04 PM
I noticed last night that if you switch Siri to a differently-accented English voice, it hears you as if you are speaking in that accent too.

Example:

American English Siri: "Hey Siri, is there a God?"  "I'm not qualified to comment on existential subject matter." (or some other jokey sort of answer like that)
Australian English Siri: "Hey Siri, is there a God?" "Let me look that up" *pulls up wikipedia article on the subject 'Guard'  :D
When I ask it something in Russian-accented English, it sends everything to NSA.  :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on September 19, 2014, 05:15:31 PM
Plus is flicking huge.

That's because they want you to buy a smartwatch.

CountDeMoney

I really do detest Apple's ability to pluck my nerves by changing perfectly good features that didn't need to be changed.  I actually liked the ability to select "Photo Stream" to, you know, look at photos in the Photo Stream, and select "camera" to, you know, look at photos in the camera.  Whelp, not anymore!  Thanks, assholes.

garbon

http://www.cnet.com/news/spoof-apple-site-touts-bendable-iphone-6-as-a-plus/

QuoteSome iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users are complaining of a new bug in which their phones bend under pressure, especially when stored in their pockets for long periods of time. But is this a bug or just an undocumented feature? One tongue-in-cheek webpage touts it as a feature called Flex.

Spotted on the photo sharing website imgur.com, the page displays an image of a bent iPhone 6 with the tagline: "Introducing Flex." The text below says: "Apple's revolutionary patent aluminum alloy lets users create a more enjoyable viewing experience by molding the iPhone."

The curve in the imaged iPhone 6 brings to mind intentionally curved phones like Samsung's Galaxy Round and LG's G Flex. But despite the spoof page's claim that Flex is an undocumented feature, it seems to be more of a flaw in the iPhone 6, possibly due to the device's thin, aluminum body.

Photos have started to pop up online showing bent iPhone 6 units, with people complaining that there devices can't withstand the wear and tear of being kept in a pocket for too long. Users chiming in on the MacRumors forum said the flaw seems to affect the new iPhone at the top near the volume buttons. One user who posted a photo of a bent iPhone 6 Plus said the phone bent after around 18 hours in his pocket.

Apparently it's not just your pocket that can bend the new iPhone. You can do it yourself. A video posted on YouTube on Tuesday by Ubox Therapy showed how someone was able to intentionally bend an iPhone 6 Plus near the volume buttons just by applying enough pressure. The person who performed the bend maneuver said the problem seemed to stem from a weakness near the volume cutout buttons.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

People with their bent iPhones deserve what they get for preferring ridiculously large screens on their phone.  The 4.0 inch form was just perfect, why did these whiners have to ruin a good thing?  :mad:

katmai

Or you know buy a case that won't allow such silliness.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Yeah you can't be a good little Apple consumer if you don't buy all of the accessories! :angry: