The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2014, 07:45:52 PM
I fear there's something wrong with my iPad camera.  Strikes me as a hardware issue, since the FaceTime camera works but when I select the main camera, nothing.  I've tried rebooting, but to no avail. :(  I wonder if it's failed a shock test somewhere along the line.  :hmm:

What should I do?  Take it to the local Apple Store, and have them ship it out?

If you've got Applecare on it, hell yeah.  In my experience, unless it's personalized somehow, they'll swap first and refurbish later, so you walk out with a new device that's been loaded with your current data- that's what they did when my iPhone overheated over the summer and fried the wifi antenna.
Experience bij!

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Caliga on February 12, 2014, 06:21:12 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2014, 12:26:58 AM
I thought about buying a case for my 5s, but really - what exactly am I protecting it from?  It just sits in my suit pocket.
You will feel differently the first time you drop it. :sleep:

I didn't have a case for my 5S for the first 3 months or so for similar reasons as Beeb, but eventually I was out doing something that involved a bit more activity/motion and sure enough the phone fell out and the shiny aluminum got lots of dents/scratches on it, so I put a case on it after that. It is odd though, Apple invests tons of money into their industrial design but realistically almost everyone puts a case over the phone and keeps it there.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 16, 2014, 09:43:31 AM
I didn't have a case for my 5S for the first 3 months or so for similar reasons as Beeb, but eventually I was out doing something that involved a bit more activity/motion and sure enough the phone fell out and the shiny aluminum got lots of dents/scratches on it, so I put a case on it after that. It is odd though, Apple invests tons of money into their industrial design but realistically almost everyone puts a case over the phone and keeps it there.

I switch between three- a wallet case for normal usage, a lightweight case that makes it easier to clip the phone when using as a GPS, and a ruggedized case for when I'm working in the warehouse. :smarty:
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

I got a Ballistic mil-spec case for my 4S;  it makes it larger than it needs to be, but with 3 layers of protection and not a single part of the phone exposed, damn if it doesn't look like the day I took it out of the box.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

In a 20 month period starting in June of 2012 I have shattered the screens on 2 work-provided iPads, broke an old fashioned work provided flip phone, lost an old fashioned work provided flip phone, shattered the screens on 2 personal smart phones and lost a smartphone. :showoff:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

katmai

I figured you were a better teacher than that!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

sbr

Caliga

So a couple more weeks have gone by.  While I think I still like my Android a bit better, I really do like this iPhone.  It's obviously drastically better than the Blackberry I used to have.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on February 21, 2014, 07:52:43 AM
So a couple more weeks have gone by.  While I think I still like my Android a bit better, I really do like this iPhone.  It's obviously drastically better than the Blackberry I used to have.

No experience with Andriod, and yeah, it's miles better than a Blackberry.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

The update to 7.0.6 failed and I had to restore my phone, but that too failed. Quick googling told me to change the USB port and choose "Use as new iPhone".

Reinstalling apps. :bleeding: I'm definitely going full Spotify now, can't be arsed to sync my music library again. Must remember Bill Callahan as he doesn't seem to be on Spotify though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Did Apple really need to change the look of minor things on this latest update? I went to make a call today and I was like oh, do I now have to push this green phone icon
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.