The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I still haven't had much time to play around with it yet but I'm not really seeing anything different/better than my Galaxy S4 yet, other than the fact that I like the virtual keyboard a little better, and Siri seems a little more intelligent (and is better at understanding my voice) than the Android equivalent thing whose name I forget.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Oh, also... someone recommend me a case.  My company used to get holsters with all of the corporate BBs but decided when switching to iPhone that cases were a 'personal decision' so is leaving that up to us (I can expense it though).  I want a holster like with my Blackberry, since I carry my Android in my pocket and carrying two smartphones in the same pocket is a bit ridiculous.

I still have my BB so right now I am wearing that on my belt and carrying a smartphone in each of my front pockets.  I'm Batman. :cool:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on February 11, 2014, 06:58:43 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 11, 2014, 06:33:42 PM
Never been shocked by my 5, 4 or 3. fricking weirdos.
:huh: Same here.  Stop putting your finger in sockets, people.

Make me. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2014, 09:04:55 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2014, 09:00:30 PM
:(
:hmm:

Please be more specific.

QuoteI want a holster like with my Blackberry, since I carry my Android in my pocket and carrying two smartphones in the same pocket is a bit ridiculous.

I still have my BB so right now I am wearing that on my belt and carrying a smartphone in each of my front pockets.  I'm Batman.

A thousand fashionistas and would-be fashionistas cried out in horror and then were silenced.

DontSayBanana

I honestly don't see many iPhone holsters on the shelves, and I don't think I've seen one worn by anyone ever.  The trend has been more toward merging wallet and phone case, which I find helps temper a mild cell phone addiction with a little uneasiness about pulling all the money and license out every time to check every single notification that goes through.
Experience bij!

katmai

Do you want a sturdy case?
I've been using Otterbox defender cases since my 4 as working outdoors often means have dropped it on occasion. The otterboxes come with a holster.
My dad just bought 5s and bought Lifeproof as he wanted a waterproof, dustproof and snowproof case.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Yep.  I have an Otterbox Defender for my Android and like it, so I may just get the same thing for the iPhone.  I check (and receive) email constantly so I figure I should have something that protects the phone too since I pull it out of the holster so much.

Ed Anger

I want a phone that will shock my genitals. I think I might have found one.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

I thought about buying a case for my 5s, but really - what exactly am I protecting it from?  It just sits in my suit pocket.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2014, 12:26:58 AM
I thought about buying a case for my 5s, but really - what exactly am I protecting it from?  It just sits in my suit pocket.
You will feel differently the first time you drop it. :sleep:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2014, 12:26:58 AM

I skimped on the case for my first 4S, and it was scratched as hell within a few months.  It also mostly just sat in my pocket.
Experience bij!

Caliga

My iPhone didn't shock me at all today.  Yay!

CountDeMoney

I fear there's something wrong with my iPad camera.  Strikes me as a hardware issue, since the FaceTime camera works but when I select the main camera, nothing.  I've tried rebooting, but to no avail. :(  I wonder if it's failed a shock test somewhere along the line.  :hmm:

What should I do?  Take it to the local Apple Store, and have them ship it out?