iPod classic

iPhone:

iPhone 5s
iPhone 5c
iPhone 4s

iPad:

iPad air
iPad mini

Nine items.  Now try comparing Samsung's product line.

Corrected list:

iPod Shuffle
iPod Nano
iPod Touch - 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
iPod Classic
iPhone 5S - 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
iPhone 5C - 16GB, 32GB
iPad Air - 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
iPad Air + Cellular - 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
iPad 2
iPad 2 + 3G
iPad Mini Retina - 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
iPad Mini Retina + Cellular - 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
iPad Mini

13 items without counting variations.  30 without.
Experience bij!

Barrister

Found in my email inbox:

QuoteEven though your contract with Rogers has not expired, we would like to move you over to the Telus contract since we have the money this fiscal to buy new devices.

Your choices for a new device are the iPhone 5S, BB Z10 or BB Q10.

Let me know which device you would like.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

We're getting an iPad at work. Can you have two accounts on one iPad? If so I'm selling my own.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on December 11, 2013, 06:50:33 AM
We're getting an iPad at work. Can you have two accounts on one iPad? If so I'm selling my own.

I don't believe you can.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/apple/3451771/how-change-apple-id-on-iphone/

QuoteIf you're switching IDs because you were using a shared family ID and want your own individual one, there are a couple of pitfalls to watch out for. Any purchases made the old ID will remain on the iPhone or iPad, but you'll need to enter the old ID password to get updates for those apps.

Also, if you ever reset the phone or delete apps, songs or videos bought from the iTunes store, you'll need that old ID in order to download them again.

I saw this for the phone but I don't know if that relates to iPads. Also kinda of doesn't really seem like using separate accounts given that all apps remain in place.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Sounds like a lot of hassle, I'll be better off selling my iPad and just re-purchase the apps.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

I saw Apple has a page that mentions many times people don't realize they have multiple apple IDs. In response to being asked if they can be merged...Apple said no. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Just heard that we can use our own apple ids and download the company apps we need via a citrix app. Interesting.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on December 05, 2013, 12:49:03 PM
Found in my email inbox:

QuoteEven though your contract with Rogers has not expired, we would like to move you over to the Telus contract since we have the money this fiscal to buy new devices.

Your choices for a new device are the iPhone 5S, BB Z10 or BB Q10.

Let me know which device you would like.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

It has: arrived.  :cool:

White, 16GB.  At least it's not gold.  I can live with white.  And since it's a work phone I can hardly complain about lack of storage for games.

And it has the pretty silver ring around the home button.  My precious...  :ph34r:

Liep

My iPad also arrived. With it a near useless manual to install apps via Citrix. Also, the apps constantly crash. But it's still better than carrying around 2000 pages of rules, regulations and infrastructure plans.

Barrister

Barrister

So I want to give a quick iPhone 5s review, but I hardly have a proper frame of reference.  I've never used an android phone, and because this was a work phone, andriod was not an option (see a few posts above).  All I can compare this to is my 3 year old BB Bold, and my iPod Touch.

Obviously, it's a lot like my touch.  I'm pretty familiar with the basic interface by now, but this is obviously much quicker and more responsive.  The screen is beautiful, and the fingerprint scanner works very well.  It seems odd though I have to press the button, then hold my finger for several seconds.

Interface for emails and messages is miles better than my old BB - I can fly through those things like nobodies business.

It was very lucky I had by accident linked my iTunes account to my work email several months ago.  That meant I could load all my apps and songs onto the new phone. :thumbsup:

I'm very happy with it.

HVC

If it's taking several seconds try redoing the finger scan setup.  Mine loads instantaneously.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.