The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I just got a 5 through my work. Am I: applehead? :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

I got my 5s in the mail yesterday.  :yeah: Unfortunately, after I had my dinner, I forgot all about it, so it's still there in the box.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2013, 02:34:22 PM

If it was issued to you and you're required to use it, you're a hipster under duress.
If you bought it through the company to get a discount, you're a cost-conscious hipster.

Then again, you're gay, so you can't conceivably be a hipster, as gayness transcends hipsterism.  It's like a whole different level.  Like if gay culture had a supremacy clause, preempting hipsterism at the state level.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 26, 2013, 04:32:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2013, 02:34:22 PM

If it was issued to you and you're required to use it, you're a hipster under duress.
If you bought it through the company to get a discount, you're a cost-conscious hipster.

Then again, you're gay, so you can't conceivably be a hipster, as gayness transcends hipsterism.  It's like a whole different level.  Like if gay culture had a supremacy clause, preempting hipsterism at the state level.

Door number 1. I still have my personal cell with only a numberpad.

Actually I do believe that one can be a gay hipster. I don't know though that embracing apple products is enough to make the leap when gay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2013, 04:55:35 PM
Actually I do believe that one can be a gay hipster. I don't know though that embracing apple products is enough to make the leap when gay.

Probably wouldn't move the needle at all.  :)

DGuller

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 26, 2013, 06:08:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2013, 04:55:35 PM

Probably wouldn't move the needle at all.  :)

I found a lovely picture of Wonder Woman that someone did in the style of Lichtenstein for a background.

http://nicolasbrondo.deviantart.com/art/Wonder-Lichtenstein-266354965

CountDeMoney

I prefer Wonder Woman bondage motifs.

garbon

MadBurgerMaker

:mad:  Still doing it after a factory reset:

I haven't actually used "messages" and Safari, so I'm not sure what that's all about, but the major things are a) the battery meter in the top right, then b) the usage time since it was charged.   Also, it still won't stay connected to either of the wireless networks present in my house. 

"It just works."

This piece of shit doesn't last more than an hour if I'm actually using it, down from...I don't even know because the damn battery never died before the update.  What the hell did they do to iOS7 that fucked this thing up like this?

E:  Correction:  It won't stay connected to my Netgear router.  It won't connect at all to my Uverse router.  It took a firmware update to get it "working" on the Netgear, which is fuckin retarded.

E2: Test 2:  Airplane mode gives even worse results.  Battery is in the red and giving warnings after 6 hours, 2 minutes on standby and 3 minutes of usage.

katmai

Freaky!

I've run into my first problem, my deleted voicemails won't go away. When i try to clear out the area they disappear, but as soon as someone leaves the next voicmail they all keep reappearing. :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

That iPhone battery charge is something.  I can go a week without recharging it.  My old Bionic barely lasted a day with the same kind of usage.  I know some of it is due to the opposite extremes of battery cycle life of the two phones, but I don't think my Bionic could ever go for more than three days on one charge even when new.

garbon

Do you not use your phone? Mine might last a day or so.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 12, 2013, 02:12:55 PM
Do you not use your phone? Mine might last a day or so.
I'm not a heavy user, and I don't use it as a music player, but I do use it for basic phone/text functions, various location-based functions, and some occasional Internet surfing.  In any case, my usage is the same for the old and new phone.

DGuller

I guess my low level of use might accentuate the difference due pure maintenance energy use between Bionic and iPhone, if there are any.  Maybe if the large chunk of battery drain were due to active app use, then those differences might largely disappear.