The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

About two months. It's a fifth generation touch. Everything started to suck when I installed 7.  How does one go about rolling back the os on an apple product?

katmai

Eh how about trying to reduce battery drain by turning off certain things first? :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: katmai on September 21, 2013, 11:28:05 AM
Eh how about trying to reduce battery drain by turning off certain things first? :P

Everything except wifi is off, and it didn't change things significantly when that was off as well, which also had the effect of making it a slightly bigger/prettier nano.  Absolutely unacceptable. 

I've already read that article.  It didn't help.

katmai

Ah well sucks to be you then MBM. :P
Sorry having problems. The upgrade went fine on my iphone 5 and on my old 4 that my dad has.

MadBurgerMaker

<_< 

I'm going to factory reset this Apple piece of shit.  It just has to charge enough to turn on first.  :rolleyes:

E:  I wish it was "only" 50 minutes lost when using it.  Right now, my standby battery life seems to be about what it was when it was being used all the time.  Something isn't letting it actually go to "sleep."  Hopefully the factory reset will fix that.   

I might just have a retarded mp3 player.  Check out those iPhone 5 numbers.  That's a lot of time there.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/ios-7-thoroughly-reviewed/6/

mongers

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 20, 2013, 02:33:00 PM
My ipod's battery life sucks ass after updating to ios7. 

E:  I finally got it to connect to my network to DL a battery monitor app.  The thing was unplugged from the charger at 4:53pm, 100%, and has been on standby most of the time since with the exception of a reboot, connection to the network, and poking around in the app store for the battery thing.  It's 8:20pm.  Battery is at 60%.  That's not good.  This thing wouldn't make it through a work day when it's only used in the car (driving to/from work, on standby the rest of the time).

E2:  10:12, 35%.  Been asleep/on standby since the last update.  wtf man

It's the old holding it the wrong way problem, you handed over extra money for a 'premium' product and now you're holding it instead of the cash. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I turned off Bluetooth, which for some reason it defaulted to on, and that improved performance a bit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

When my current contract is up, I think I'm going to try out a Windows phone.

CountDeMoney

I don't like the new graphics for the icons and the texting.  Too European, all curves and whiteness.  Feels like a Scandiweenie jizzed all over my stuff.

CountDeMoney

OK, ios7 has one benefit:  you can finally hide that stupid ass newsstand.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 22, 2013, 10:10:54 AM
I don't like the new graphics for the icons and the texting.  Too European, all curves and whiteness.  Feels like a Scandiweenie jizzed all over my stuff.

Setting my alarm clock time now makes me feel like I'm on Price is Right.  :mad:

Tamas

I have bought a Space Grey 5S.  :blush: My ethics and values have been: compromised  :Embarrass:

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on September 23, 2013, 07:37:16 AM
I have bought a Space Grey 5S.  :blush: My ethics and values have been: compromised  :Embarrass:
:hug: