The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: DGuller on September 20, 2013, 08:18:16 AM
Ok, I'm chickening out on the gold iPhone.  I think that a gray iPhone would perfectly reflect my personality.

:hug:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

Is total phone protection worth getting for $10 a month?  It seems like over the 2 years, you'll be shelling out half the value of the phone after the application of $169 deductible.

DGuller

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on September 20, 2013, 08:40:42 AM
Trigger pulled.  :ph34r:

:(

How much smaller the 5S is than the Galaxy S4? Because you can make pancakes on the latter.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on September 20, 2013, 10:56:52 AM

How much smaller the 5S is than the Galaxy S4? Because you can make pancakes on the latter.
I don't know yet, I ordered online.  It's the same size as iPhone 5, and I didn't find that to be much of a turn-off.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on September 20, 2013, 10:56:52 AM

It's much narrower than the S4, about the same length.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: DGuller on September 20, 2013, 08:30:43 AM
Is total phone protection worth getting for $10 a month?  It seems like over the 2 years, you'll be shelling out half the value of the phone after the application of $169 deductible.

I pay the ~$7 a month f or the insurance.  After ~14 years of no problems with cell phones I had a horrible run on luck last year.  In October I dropped my phone on the ground, it hit the pavement perfectly flat on the screen and shattered the whole thing.  I got a new one for $100.  Then  weeks later my phone was stolen and I got another new one for $100.  The screen on that one ended up breaking also, but I toughed it out until I was eligible for an upgrade in August.

I would have been out a lot more than the ~$350 I ispent in insurance and deductibles if I hadn't had it.

Josquius

ios7: :bleeding:
Everything looks like it was drawn by a 4 year old.
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

My ipod's battery life sucks ass after updating to ios7. 

E:  I finally got it to connect to my network to DL a battery monitor app.  The thing was unplugged from the charger at 4:53pm, 100%, and has been on standby most of the time since with the exception of a reboot, connection to the network, and poking around in the app store for the battery thing.  It's 8:20pm.  Battery is at 60%.  That's not good.  This thing wouldn't make it through a work day when it's only used in the car (driving to/from work, on standby the rest of the time).

E2:  10:12, 35%.  Been asleep/on standby since the last update.  wtf man

Josquius

And it seems you can't do a quick web search or wiki lookup anymore. If ios7 makes anything better I haven't noticed it
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on September 21, 2013, 01:25:53 AM
And it seems you can't do a quick web search or wiki lookup anymore. If ios7 makes anything better I haven't noticed it

Played with the girlfriend's iPhone tonight; the one and only non-cosmetic "improvement" (and considering none of us like the cosmetic changes, I use the term very loosely) that I've noticed is the fact that folders can now have multiple pages, so you can get more than 9 items into them.

Girlfriend: "They made the keyboard better!  Look at this!"  I pull out my iPhone, put it next to hers and show her that the changes are purely coloring and there's no change to the layout, size, or spacing.

Girlfriend: "They made Safari better!  You can save pages now!"  Me: "You mean like a bookmark?  Here's me bookmarking a page." 

Girlfriend: "You can have tabs in Safari now!"  Me (considering the effect on memory and battery life multiple browser tabs will have): "...Sure."  Anyway, Chrome's done tabs for a while if you absolutely need them on a mobile device.  Oh, and the funny thing is, up to probably a year ago, she was completely anti-tabs.

Girlfriend: "But does yours have this button?" *clicks flashlight*  Me: "I've had this app for months now.  BTW, my flashlight app's button is bigger and easier to hit than yours."

iOS7's not looking wonderful in my book.  Unfortunately, since my phone's wifi adapter fucked up and I have to take it to an Apple store tomorrow, they may very well fuck with it and try to force me to update.
Experience bij!

Josquius

Couldn't you have safari tabs before ? In sure I used to have loads at a time.

Which button is the flashlight? My light got stuck on randomly, the only way I could figure to turn it off was to turn on the camera. Thought it was a weird glitch, not a feature.

I shouldn't have so casually pressed ok when my phone announced it wanted to update :(
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah, so the battery totally discharges overnight.  What's the point of a mobile device that has to be plugged in all the time?  My phone lasts longer than the ipod now, and it has a quad core processor with Android OS and everything turned on, and I actually use it a lot more.  The two aren't even remotely comparable on standby.  Downside with the phone is it has Beats Audio, which fucks the sound up.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son