The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

You can exchange it for that?  I might take it in for it.  I mean, it's not the worst thing in the world, but it's irritating, and it certainly shouldn't be doing that.

DGuller

I have another important question:  silver, space gray, or gold?  I'm leaning towards gold just because it's something different, but I'm curious which color others would go for.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

What's different/strange/shitty about it?

E:  Whoa.  I forgot it's going to be going on my ipod.

DGuller

Ed Anger

Feels slow. Looks like somebody vomited on my iPad.

Josephus

Almost got it on my iphone...5 minutes left and then I got a network server error. Now restarted at two hours :(

I have to do this with my ipod too? :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on September 18, 2013, 09:57:49 PM
Almost got it on my iphone...5 minutes left and then I got a network server error. Now restarted at two hours :(

I have to do this with my ipod too? :huh:

I'm loading it while synced to the Mac - estimated download time is 10 minutes.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Update went fine for me, but I'm not sure about the colours or the way windows now pop up from the left bottom corner.

Generally though, it now looks like an OS from after 2010, and the font is nice.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on September 18, 2013, 08:44:09 PM
What about my color choices?  :mad:

Gold phone will match the gold chains and go well with the wife beaters. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Liep

Quote from: DGuller on September 18, 2013, 08:44:09 PM
What about my color choices?  :mad:

I'll avoid the eastern stereotype and say go with the black like any other boring straight guy would.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

It must have been a busy time when i tried to update, late in teh evening. I think a lot of "the kids" set it up to download over night, because it was taking forever and the download time kept increasing. Did it first thing this morning and it d/ld in about five minutes. Took longer to actually install.

Anyways...not sure I like the new look yet.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 09:34:49 AM
Quote from: katmai on September 19, 2013, 02:59:05 AM
Quit ur bitching Anger dammit!

Slow and pokey, just like fatmai.

How old an iPad are we talking about?

iOS 7 seems fine on my iPod Touch.  I don't think I care for the new "flat" aesthetic, but speed is unchanged.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.