The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 11, 2013, 11:59:42 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 10, 2013, 03:02:22 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 10, 2013, 01:35:20 PM
Just cancel the contract, it'll be, what?, 20$?

US carriers typically charge a $250 "early termination fee."

We use to have that & then legislation was enacted. There's a Federal code & Quebec has a law. Max contracts are now 2 years(well will be, but no one offers 3 years anymore) and, here, only the subsidy for the phone needs to be paid back. The cost is subsidy/24 x # of months left on the contract.

Our plans sucks tho.

@BB Oh, how much longer?

April 2014.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 11, 2013, 12:10:46 PM
Soon! 5C for you!

I shouldn't get too excited.  It'll probably be pretty locked down.  If I can't install any apps or music then it's not going to be all that different from my BB Bold.

DGuller

Hopefully it's just 9 more days of waiting for me before I rid myself of the Android phone.  My contract expired a couple of days ago. :yeah:

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on September 11, 2013, 12:39:10 PM
Hopefully it's just 9 more days of waiting for me before I rid myself of the Android phone.  My contract expired a couple of days ago. :yeah:

What are you getting? :)

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on September 11, 2013, 12:42:56 PM

5S.  Or is it 5s?

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on September 11, 2013, 12:48:34 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 11, 2013, 12:42:56 PM

5S.  Or is it 5s?

Looks like iPhone 5s.

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone-5s/

Let us know what you think of it. :)

Liep

Also, what does it stand for? Super, sexy, speed, sacred, second?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on September 11, 2013, 01:00:56 PM

I don't think Apple has ever really said, though going back to the iPhone 3GS I thought it stood for "speed".

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Student, it's made by student interns;the 5C is the one built by convict slave labour.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on September 11, 2013, 02:27:00 PM

Student, it's made by student interns;the 5C is the one built by convict slave labour.

I WANT ONE.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

small
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

My iPod seems to....it did something weird today where it drained its battery in like 20 minutes.  It was a super short amount of time.  Is this something that....I don't know...happens sometimes with the "new" iPod touch?

Speaking of batteries, holy shit that trackpad burns through them QUICK.  Granted, I'm using rechargeables, so they probably don't last as long, but it blew through the regular generic batteries it came with in about a week.

This might mean I'm on the computer too much, now that I think about it.  :hmm:

E:  And another thing:  My Air does this thing where...okay I've been drinking so bear with me...when you open it up and type in the password to unlock it, it'll display the desktop/whatever was open for about 10-15 seconds, then the screen will go blank again like it went back to sleep.  I have to tap the touchpad a couple times (so it clicks) in order to get the display "going" again.  It's very strange.  Do I have a retarded laptop, or is this a known issue?

Liep

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 15, 2013, 01:52:09 AM

E:  And another thing:  My Air does this thing where...okay I've been drinking so bear with me...when you open it up and type in the password to unlock it, it'll display the desktop/whatever was open for about 10-15 seconds, then the screen will go blank again like it went back to sleep.  I have to tap the touchpad a couple times (so it clicks) in order to get the display "going" again.  It's very strange.  Do I have a retarded laptop, or is this a known issue?

Mine did the same, plus it would lag for 10-20 seconds every 2-3 minutes. I had it changed as they couldn't fix it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk