The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I just want them to update them. The kid's computers need to be replaced soon.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Got myself one of those portable trackpads.  Now I can be even more lazy by moving the pointer pad to where my hand is instead of the other way around, and I don't even have to move my wrist like I did with my little portable mouse.

As a side note, my wife went and bought herself on of those Lenovo Yoga11s convertible laptops after the cat ruined her charger for her old laptop.  Turns out that thing is pretty fuckin cool.  She went and got herself a sleeve thing for it that covers the keyboard when its in "tablet mode" so that concern of mine is gone.  It's not as big as the Air (13" vs 11"), but it's cheaper and faster.  The battery life isn't as good by a significant amount (2-3 hours) either though, so even if I had extensively tested one, I still wouldn't have gotten it.  Again though:  pretty fuckin cool.

Grey Fox

My father bought an Ipad mini, I feel very sad.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Apple is announcing, as predicted, new iPhone 5S and 5C.  Very much as rumour cites called.

The one unexpected announcement so far - the 5S is powered by a new, 64-bit A7 processor.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Same screen sizes and all that?  I'm waiting for them to stop fucking around and release something that isn't tiny.  Might go back to an iPhone if they do.

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 10, 2013, 12:56:45 PM
Same screen sizes and all that?  I'm waiting for them to stop fucking around and release something that isn't tiny.  Might go back to an iPhone if they do.

Still going on, but yup.  They seem pretty firm on not wanting to compete on "specs", which include screen size.

DGuller

Barrister

MadBurgerMaker

Fingerprint scanners are cool.  That's one of the things I definitely miss about my Atrix.

Barrister

I've been counting the days till my BB contract expires and I can get an iPhone through my employer.

I wonder if they'll cheap out and get 5Cs for us drones, or will the promise of increased security fingerprint scanners mean a 5S?

:hmm:

Grey Fox

Just cancel the contract, it'll be, what?, 20$?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 10, 2013, 01:35:20 PM

US carriers typically charge a $250 "early termination fee."
Experience bij!

Barrister

It's not my contract, it's the government's contract.  Plus the government switched providers.  My BB is with Rogers, but all new phones are with Telus.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 10, 2013, 03:02:22 PM

Which is why I never do 2 year contracts. Fucking thieves.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 10, 2013, 03:02:22 PM

We use to have that & then legislation was enacted. There's a Federal code & Quebec has a law. Max contracts are now 2 years(well will be, but no one offers 3 years anymore) and, here, only the subsidy for the phone needs to be paid back. The cost is subsidy/24 x # of months left on the contract.

Our plans sucks tho.

@BB Oh, how much longer?