The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Lucidor on December 14, 2011, 05:37:21 PM
Thinking of an iPad myself, but I read a rumour the next iteration iPad 2S will be released in march, however, I don't see any hard info of what it will improve over nr 2. Any ideas?

It will allow you to transcend all earthly limits of space and time, and commune directly with the divine intelligence.
Minor inconveniences like death are not enough to slow Steve Jobs down.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I was out trying to buy a replacement Apple 85w portable power adapter for my brothers laptop. No luck.  Nobody in town sold them and I was told that the model I had doesn't even work with modern Apple products.  It has the date 2006 so it can't be that old.  Model is A1172, I'm going to see if I can get it on Newegg
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Yeah, I finally found the damn thing.  Over 80 bucks.  Fuck that noise.  I could find an IBM compatible device that does the same thing for half that price.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Warspite

Quote from: Lucidor on December 14, 2011, 05:37:21 PM
Thinking of an iPad myself, but I read a rumour the next iteration iPad 2S will be released in march, however, I don't see any hard info of what it will improve over nr 2. Any ideas?

It will make you the toast of your local independent coffee shop.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Barrister

Somehow my family went from "lets not spend very much on each other for Christmas", to spending $1000 on electronics during Boxing Day sales.

I picked up a ginormous 27" computer monitor - the missus picked up an iPad.

It's a nifty device from what I've played with it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Lucidor

So, retina display is a definite?

Also: iEye  :lmfao:

garbon

I like that the latest update of iTunes auto-hid the sidebar that shows my library. I couldn't remember what it was called and got to spend sometime searching for it. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Fun fact for the fanbois (from the Economist): markups are so high on ipHones that even though they only constitute 18% of smart phones sold, Apple got 86% of total profits from smart phones.

Barrister

I think I'm going to treat myself and buy a new iPod Touch to replace my '09 "fat" iPod nano.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2012, 02:25:51 PM
Fun fact for the fanbois (from the Economist): markups are so high on ipHones that even though they only constitute 18% of smart phones sold, Apple got 86% of total profits from smart phones.

The value is made up in hipness.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Apple products are definitely a lot more refined than any of their competitor's products.  They realized that most people don't like to endlessly fiddle around with gadgets, and just want them to work perfectly out of the box.  My concern is that in the long run, Android is going to win out when it comes to software support, just like PCs won out over Macs.

Liep

HBO Nordic are already focusing on Android and leaving the iPhone with a meh-ish app, and not even trying to pretend to be making an Apple TV app.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Berkut

WEll, with my "found" bonus money from the recent company switch, I went and bought a 32GB iPad.

What awesome games must I get for it?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

After much debate, I have joined the iPhone heathen. :weep:
Experience bij!