The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

itunes has some of the Blackadder shows for free. I'm assuming it is a limited time offer.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/blackadder-ii/id331574717
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Was Steve Jobs death preventable?

Apparently the new bio will reveal that when he was diagnosed with his form of pancreatic cancer, he waited nine months while seeking alternative therapies before having surgery to remove it.

<_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on October 20, 2011, 05:04:17 PM

Apparently the new bio will reveal that when he was diagnosed with his form of pancreatic cancer, he waited nine months while seeking alternative therapies before having surgery to remove it.

<_<
I thought that was common knowledge. 

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on October 20, 2011, 05:15:03 PM

<_<
I thought that was common knowledge.

I heard that speculation, but since he talked so little about his cancer at all nothing was known for sure.

Neil

It would be hilarious if hippie faggotness killed a man who provided the tech toys of hippie faggots everywhere.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on October 23, 2011, 07:52:11 PM
It would be hilarious if hippie faggotness killed a man who provided the tech toys of hippie faggots everywhere.

Not just hippue faggots though. :mad:

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on October 23, 2011, 09:13:42 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 23, 2011, 07:52:11 PM
Not just hippue faggots though. :mad:
No, but mostly.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Rush Limbaugh was Job's biggest fan. He's a complete AAPLtard. Gives away Macbooks to callers and shit.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

I briefly considered going to the Apple store on Friday to get at iPhone 4S....would it be possible to die from a hipster overdose?

Maybe I should just become a Canadian/Polish lawyer already.

derspiess

So.... the wife has an iPad2 now.  She got it at work for winning some sort of management competition.

I had to install iTunes just to get the damned thing set up.  Hopefully they're not still trying to sneak Safari in the download. 

Anywho, now I need to hunt down a case & probably some other overpriced iAccessories.  I'm thinking of getting the Apple-branded Smart Case, though the Belkin version looks pretty solid as well and it actually protects the back and conceals that horrible logo.   I went ahead & downloaded some of the same apps she uses on her Android phone, but there's a lot of unfamiliar territory to navigate.

Any accessory or app recommendations would be appreciated.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

It will automatically tick on "Install Safari" when you update iTunes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Lucidor

Thinking of an iPad myself, but I read a rumour the next iteration iPad 2S will be released in march, however, I don't see any hard info of what it will improve over nr 2. Any ideas?

Barrister

Quote from: Lucidor on December 14, 2011, 05:37:21 PM
Thinking of an iPad myself, but I read a rumour the next iteration iPad 2S will be released in march, however, I don't see any hard info of what it will improve over nr 2. Any ideas?

Retina display.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2011, 12:13:17 AM

Retina display.

Plus many, many more annoyingly-named features, I'm sure :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2011, 12:13:17 AM

Retina display.

iEye?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned