The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 24, 2011, 07:39:20 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2011, 09:55:21 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2011, 05:39:02 PM
Intel's AppUp needs to take a page from Apple when designing its software.

Lemme guess, you downloaded it from Best Buy so you could get Angry Birds for free for your kids?  Well anyway, that's what I did.  Weird playing it on a 22" monitor instead of a cellphone screen.

:blush:

Caughtya!!

I made the mistake of downloading it right before Tommy was supposed to go to bed.  He walked into the office & saw the Angry Birds icon-- cost me an extra hour or so of trying to get him to settle in.  He was fascinated to see it being played on a computer.  I just want him to stop grabbing my phone to play it every time I turn my head.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I have to play levels twice, both for Katerina and Cassandra. Oh no, there is no going on until each has beaten each level.

:weep:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 24, 2011, 09:35:49 AM
I have to play levels twice, both for Katerina and Cassandra. Oh no, there is no going on until each has beaten each level.

:weep:

:lol: Tommy insists he can do each level himself, but after 2 tries he asks me to do it for him.  Immediately.  Regardless of whether I'm on a phone call, trying to get some work done, doing dishes, etc.

And he laughs hysterically every time he sees the pig with the mustache :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on March 24, 2011, 03:19:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 24, 2011, 03:07:26 PM
I just purchased 2 iPads on apple.com.

:yeah: :yeah:

Why two?

Because I have an employee discount, I purchased them for my mother to give to my sister and aunt. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 24, 2011, 07:40:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 24, 2011, 03:25:21 PM
Please oh please of please let this be true:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2011/03/mac-os-x-may-natively-support-pc-radeon-graphics-cards.ars

Hackintosh with a Radeon HD 6970! :w00t:

Forget Hackintosh - what about being able to buy a Radeon card at any old PC supplier and slap it in my Mac Pro.   :cool:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on March 25, 2011, 03:35:44 PM
Forget Hackintosh - what about being able to buy a Radeon card at any old PC supplier and slap it in my Mac Pro.   :cool:

Does Mac support AMD processors, then?  Since AMD took over ATI, they've gotten even worse at playing nice with Intel-based chipsets...

The rule of thumb is use nVidia for an Intel-based system, and use ATI for an AMD-based system.
Experience bij!

derspiess

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 26, 2011, 11:26:15 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 25, 2011, 03:35:44 PM

Does Mac support AMD processors, then?  Since AMD took over ATI, they've gotten even worse at playing nice with Intel-based chipsets...

The rule of thumb is use nVidia for an Intel-based system, and use ATI for an AMD-based system.

I gotta call BS on this one.

Apple has now virtually moved to all-Radeon across it's line, yet remains Intel-only on the processor side.

Martinus

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on April 01, 2011, 07:42:04 PM

Apple has now virtually moved to all-Radeon across it's line, yet remains Intel-only on the processor side.

I'd be very, very surprised if it was using stock firmware.  One can have a stock computer with a stock GPU and custom firmware.  For example, my Toshiba Satellite has a stock (AFAIK) Radeon HD 4250... except Toshiba had AMD give them a custom driver.  Net result: AMD's driver updates don't work.
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 04, 2011, 08:57:40 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 01, 2011, 07:42:04 PM

I'd be very, very surprised if it was using stock firmware.  One can have a stock computer with a stock GPU and custom firmware.  For example, my Toshiba Satellite has a stock (AFAIK) Radeon HD 4250... except Toshiba had AMD give them a custom driver.  Net result: AMD's driver updates don't work.

My Mac Pro (Intel Xeon) has a 5770 and runs the stock drivers from AMD.

The fact that one laptop had a problem does not mean Intel and Radeon can not happily co-exist.