The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: ulmont on March 07, 2011, 02:18:44 PM
QuoteHungary's new constitution is being drafted on Apple Inc. (AAPL)'s iPad, Jozsef Szajer, a ruling party lawmaker in the European Parliament, said in a blog post.

Steve Jobs will surely be happy when he gets word that Hungary's new constitution is being written on an iPad, actually my iPad," Szajer said in a post, adding that it was the first constitution in the world to be written on the device. "The best is I don't have to wait for minutes to turn it on, like with a normal laptop. I can open it anywhere and can take advantage of every minute. It's a miracle!"
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-04/hungary-first-to-write-a-constitution-on-ipad-lawmaker-says.html

LOL can you charge the battery using: beets?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Can anyone recommend software that can convert .avi files to something compatible with an iphone?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tonitrus

Liep

Upgraded to 4.3 and now it can't get a signal from my carrier. It just constantly sits there at zero bars, mocking me.

I'm buying an Andriod phone, anyone wants to purchase a hardly used iPhone 4?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on March 16, 2011, 04:38:43 PM
The Zune is dead.

http://www.businessinsider.com/zune-2011-3

:pope:

...long live the Zune.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/15/microsoft-says-zune-isnt-exactly-dead-that-it-doesnt-want-to/

The Zune will live on in Windows Phone 7.  It's likely that Microsoft will make or license a non-phone WP7 device, a la iPod Touch.  Whether or not it will be called "Zune", that's essentially what it will be.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

The Zune software blows iTunes away.

Edit:
QuoteI'm buying an Andriod phone, anyone wants to purchase a hardly used iPhone 4

I might be interested if you're serious.  My wife dropped her ~35 day old Samsung Focus and cracked the screen (super unlucky: the screen went straight down onto a rock, boom no more phone), so she's looking at options that are less expensive than paying full price for a new one ($4 or 500).  We're going to buy a new screen and see if we can fix it on our own, but if that doesn't work....

Liep

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 16, 2011, 10:33:28 PM
QuoteI'm buying an Andriod phone, anyone wants to purchase a hardly used iPhone 4

I might be interested if you're serious.  My wife dropped her ~35 day old Samsung Focus and cracked the screen (super unlucky: the screen went straight down onto a rock, boom no more phone), so she's looking at options that are less expensive than paying full price for a new one ($4 or 500).  We're going to buy a new screen and see if we can fix it on our own, but if that doesn't work....
I was, I sold it to my mother. :P

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on March 19, 2011, 03:32:55 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 16, 2011, 10:33:28 PM

I was, I sold it to my mother. :P

What Android phone did you end up getting?

MBM: I wouldn't waste a whole lot of time looking for an affordable used iPhone 4.  Resale value on all iPhones is very high.  A buddy of mine sold his 3GS for ~$350 on ebay.  Your wife's experience is precisely why I pay my $7 a month for Sprint's equipment protection plan :D

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on March 06, 2011, 04:07:31 PM
iTunes died on me today, claiming my computer lacks memory and therefor is unable to save the library. A message about this pops up every 2 seconds.

Winamp is the future!
Winamp does the deed for me as well.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Pedrito

My sisters and I bought an iPad 1st gen for my father for Christmas, he's now crossing the Digital Dad Divide and I'm getting regular emails from him about silly videos to look up on youtube.  :lol:

Now I'm expecting one day or the other he'll inadvertently send a link to some sexy pics website.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Intel's AppUp needs to take a page from Apple when designing its software.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2011, 05:39:02 PM

Lemme guess, you downloaded it from Best Buy so you could get Angry Birds for free for your kids?  Well anyway, that's what I did.  Weird playing it on a 22" monitor instead of a cellphone screen.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2011, 09:55:21 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2011, 05:39:02 PM

Lemme guess, you downloaded it from Best Buy so you could get Angry Birds for free for your kids?  Well anyway, that's what I did.  Weird playing it on a 22" monitor instead of a cellphone screen.

:blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive