The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Hey does anyone have any issues with their iPhone not charging (doesn't make that charging sound and go to the green battery screen) when you plug it in?  Happens with different cords and different connections (computer and wall).  Occasionally, it will just take a while to...uh....register that it's plugged in or something, and will start charging after a few minutes of being plugged in, but other times, like last night, it seems, it will disconnect itself and drain the battery (and other times, it will just start charging without a hitch).  The goddamn thing also likes to disconnect from the PC while syncing.  <_<

Probably need a new phone.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: garbonThe iPod has that issue...

The Touch uses the same OS as the iPhone, I think, so maybe the problem is with that.

Quote from: Barrister on March 23, 2010, 12:33:01 PM
How old is your iPhone MBM?

Less than a year, so it's still covered by the warranty.  I was just hoping there was some sort of fix that didn't require me going to the terrible Apple Store.

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 23, 2010, 01:32:08 PM
Less than a year, so it's still covered by the warranty.  I was just hoping there was some sort of fix that didn't require me going to the terrible Apple Store.

Not that I'm aware of.  Sorry.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on March 23, 2010, 01:41:45 PM
Not that I'm aware of.  Sorry.

Ah well.  I guess I'll head up there on Friday and shove my way through the crowds of sweaty hipsters hanging out in front of the Genuis bar. :mellow:

Hey at least I can maybe get a new phone out of it.

BuddhaRhubarb

I was among the sweaty hipsters today. Bought my new mac mini after finally getting my cheque for my freelance gig. The hipster dude who sold it to me tried to sell me on some other upsell genius bar one to one stuff.. I was like what's your guy want to learn? Like they are going to teach me how to use software. Bitch please. I've been editing photos and videos since  photoshop 2.5 premiere 2.5.

There are issues of course. I've never had a smooth computer transition ever. Just the kind of luck I have. That or I'm a cheap bastard. My way old monitor has a nine pin vga plug. the dvi cable that comes with the mini is 15. I had another one that was nine pin, i used to connect the old now zombified imac to my tv... but alas they've changed the end of the dvi into the mac so you can't use any old cables. :angry:  So tomorrow I either have to trudge downtown and buy an adapter that fits or a new monitor. :sigh:

It's really annoying looking at text on my tv. I can watch a blu ray in full 1080p but does the font smoothing look any good (using my dvi to hdmi cable I never thought I'd use.) ? Nope.
:p

Barrister

You bought a mac mini?

I'm jealous.   :blush:

Ed Anger

I wish he had punched one of those hipsters in the nuts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 24, 2010, 01:14:45 AM
It's really annoying looking at text on my tv. I can watch a blu ray in full 1080p but does the font smoothing look any good (using my dvi to hdmi cable I never thought I'd use.) ? Nope.

I really thought that with the arrival of HDTVs, we would see PCs playing nice with them.   But I had all sorts of issues getting 3 different PCs to output correctly to my TV (though mine is fairly 'old' so that may be a factor). 

Though I guess it beats the shit out of trying to output 640x480 via S-Video to a CRT TV like I attempted to do back in the day :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 24, 2010, 08:15:16 AM
I wish he had punched one of those hipsters in the nuts.

Oh I came close. if "Raul" hadn't stopped trying to upsell (with his ghey applespeak ) me when he did, he may have gotten a knee to the groin he wasn't expecting.
:p

derspiess

So...   who's getting an iPad?

I have to say the Netflix & Hulu apps do help give it more of a purpose, though again, those are things you can already do with a netbook.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I'm strongly tempted (to buy one for my wife :goodboy:) but they aren't on sale in Canada yet. :(

DontSayBanana

Apple-hater that I am, no way in hell am I touching one.

Trekkie that I am, mock up an LCARS interface so that I can use it as a PADD, and I'll be elbowing my way to the front of the line.

Seriously, if Apple ever reigns in their goddamn extreme prices (not likely in the foreseeable future), I'll want one to play with.
Experience bij!

derspiess

Holy crap, the 64gb wifi only versions are (pre-)selling for $1000 on ebay.  I should have reserved a bunch.