The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2017, 06:14:33 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 07, 2017, 06:06:05 PMMore or less.  You have to use another computer with iTunes Account #2, find and copy the actual AAC/MP3/whatever files from computer/account #1, and then merge the manifest files so that computer/account #2 can see both sets of music.

That, or burn lots of CDs from account 1 and rip them to account 2.

I've got another computer that can download itunes and presumably log into her account #2. so I look through the folders on her old computer (account #1) for the files. once I find the files... "merge the manifest files" is where I'm lost

It depends how old the music on it is.  For songs added pre-2009, you'll need to get around Apple's DRM.  2009 and later, you can pretty much move the files en masse and import them to iTunes library #2.
Experience bij!

LaCroix

Grey Fox

Foxconn has started buying equipment for production of the iPhone 10.

As if you had any doubts more were coming.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Monoriu

I just heard a very disturbing rumour that iphone 8 will have wireless charging. 

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Not surprised.  Most of the major differences between the models have been aesthetic or added features that didn't require major changes to the core components (the CPU, motion coprocessor, GPU, or memory or storage).  Depending where they are in the life cycle, the chipset's cores could be overclocked to make an "A10" into an "A11" or an "A12" (AKA, what Intel did all through the '90s), so I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out they're stockpiling in advance of that.
Experience bij!

Monoriu

My wife just bought me those wireless Apple headphones. 

Seems easy to install and use.  I admit the only thing I did was say "my love can you do this for me", followed by multiple kisses.  And that was it.

So I put the iphone in my shirt pocket and went to the gym. 

It worked.  It really did.  At no time during the exercise did I feel that there was any disruption to the music.  Sound quality was ok for headphones of this size.  I mean it wasn't great, but it certainly met expectations. 

Amazingly, they didn't fall off, even when I was on the running machine.  They just stayed here.  Very pleased with this. 

Batteries seem to last for at least an hour.  The charging arrangements are nice.  They gave me a little plastic box.  I plugged it with a wire, and there was a tiny light that changed to green colour when the charging was done. 

I have no idea what the effective distance between the headphones and the iphone was.  I assume it works within 1-2 feet. 

Downsides - (1) price tag (I have no idea actually, she bought them).  (2) There was no on/off switch.  So I didn't know how to turn it off when I went home.  I just turned off the iphone and put the headphones a few feet away.  (3) Can't connect the headphones with a really old mini-ipod that I have.  I prefer taking the ipod to the gym because it is much smaller and lighter. 

Liep

Help! I don't know what I pressed but the apps on my iPhone has started to open up popping in from the right side of the screen instead of just opening. It's a bit annoying so how can I change it back? Google failed me for once, probably because I can't accurately describe the problem
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Monoriu on March 02, 2017, 08:25:31 PM
My wife just bought me those wireless Apple headphones.   

I've got no problem with Apple making their own headphones.
But I already have a few different headphones/earphones I like.  And Apple won't let me use them on their post-6 phones unless I attach their fiddly little adapter. 
Hey I get it - you can't charge licensing fees on the good old, tried and tested public domain headphone jack.  But if you railroad everyone into your obnoxious proprietary connection solution that changes every few years, you can print more money.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 15, 2017, 04:45:33 PM
I've got no problem with Apple making their own headphones.
But I already have a few different headphones/earphones I like.  And Apple won't let me use them on their post-6 phones unless I attach their fiddly little adapter. 
Hey I get it - you can't charge licensing fees on the good old, tried and tested public domain headphone jack.  But if you railroad everyone into your obnoxious proprietary connection solution that changes every few years, you can print more money.

It's how mega companies like Apple stay competitive.

garbon

Work finally upgraded us to the 7 now. Is it just me or is the touch portion (previously a button) incredibly cheap feeling? I keep feeling the phone is going to break apart with the odd motion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

It isn't. I confirmed with all of my staff. :blurgh:

#fuckapple
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.