Denmark hires Lars von Trier for Controversial Tourism Ads

Started by Queequeg, February 26, 2010, 05:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Well, it's Danish if that's what you're asking. Obviously all Danish accents are atrocious but there you go.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

I always love their little teasers at the very end of the pieces, cut off quickly on purpose.

Queequeg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 26, 2010, 06:04:00 PM
I always love their little teasers at the very end of the pieces, cut off quickly on purpose.
Whoever added the "dog" sound effects in the Danish Love scene is incredibly gifted at his/her job. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Legbiter

It's Danish all right. And it's disturbingly plausible as well.  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

The handball was great, the rest was quite meh. A bit too....unfunnily grim. But it is natural progression from the 'come to Denmark and impregnate our women' advert
██████
██████
██████

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Queequeg on February 26, 2010, 05:44:19 PM
Can one of our Danophone friends tell us how good/bad the accents are?

The accents sound they are from someone who hasnt spoken danish in a long time, kind of like the accent people from our so called "cultured elite" uses when they try to sound international and cultivated...

In that way does it fit the people around Lars Von Trier very good...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on March 01, 2010, 07:48:12 AM
The handball was great, the rest was quite meh. A bit too....unfunnily grim. But it is natural progression from the 'come to Denmark and impregnate our women' advert

Well someone has to.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Cecil

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on March 01, 2010, 07:48:12 AM

Talk about an epic fail in getting the joke. Have you ever seen any of Lars von Trier's movies? If you haven't, you can be excused in not getting it, though (since his movies are like those clips).  :lol:

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt