News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Going off to College

Started by Lettow77, August 23, 2009, 10:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I wish I'd taken biology instead of history.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Faeelin

Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2009, 12:13:38 PM
I wish I'd taken biology instead of history.

Bio fucking rocked.  :cthulu:

Savonarola

I took marksmanship in college as a PE elective.  It turned out to be good preparation for living in Detroit.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on August 23, 2009, 11:08:34 PM
Hey I am going to college this year to.

My classes:

Intro to Electrical Engineering
Working full time

This is going to be a long degree  :P

Marksmanship sounds like a fun Physical Education elective to me.

Best of luck.   :)

What made you decide to go back to school for a EE degree?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on August 24, 2009, 12:46:00 PM
Best of luck.   :)

What made you decide to go back to school for a EE degree?

I decided I wanted to work in the Energy industry and I found what they really needed was more EEs, that and my office is just next door to the EE building.

Oh and I was inspired by the brilliance of the Engineers on Languish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2009, 12:54:23 PM

I decided I wanted to work in the Energy industry and I found what they really needed was more EEs, that and my office is just next door to the EE building.

Oh and I was inspired by the brilliance of the Engineers on Languish.

:lol:

If you haven't done so already, get a student membership to the IEEE:

https://sbwsweb.ieee.org/ecustomercme_enu/start.swe?Prod=1-ACP4&SWECmd=GotoView&src=0&Join=y&SWEView=CUT+Home+Page+View+%28eCustomer%29&WT.mc_id=IEEE_Student&JoinOnline=Show&mem_type=Student&SWEHo=sbwsweb.ieee.org&SWETS=1251137866

It's a good opportunity to network and their magazine, The Spectrum, has articles on different areas of electrical engineering.  That might help you focus on an area or a career that you would be interested in.

callmeclemens

Quote from: dps on August 23, 2009, 10:46:39 PM
Quote from: callmeclemens on August 23, 2009, 04:40:18 PM
Marksmanship isn't that ridiculous, I had gone to school at a university in West Virginia that offered Water polo and basket weaving as courses.

I think most schools offer basket weaving or the like (gotta keep the football players academically eligible somehow) but water polo?  What school was that?  I mean, I can see it as an extracurricular activiity, but as a course?

Concord University

dps

Quote from: callmeclemens on August 24, 2009, 04:23:56 PM
Marksmanship isn't that ridiculous, I had gone to school at a university in West Virginia that offered Water polo and basket weaving as courses.

I think most schools offer basket weaving or the like (gotta keep the football players academically eligible somehow) but water polo?  What school was that?  I mean, I can see it as an extracurricular activiity, but as a course?

Concord University

Are you actually from WV, or did you just go to school there?

Caliga

There was a Confederate Flag (not the battle flag, but rather the Stars and Bars) flying at the Confederate cemetery at Franklin.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

callmeclemens

Quote from: dps on August 24, 2009, 04:31:22 PM
Quote from: callmeclemens on August 24, 2009, 04:23:56 PM

Concord University

Are you actually from WV, or did you just go to school there?
Just went there

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 24, 2009, 04:35:57 PM
There was a Confederate Flag (not the battle flag, but rather the Stars and Bars) flying at the Confederate cemetery at Franklin.  :cool:

John Bell Hood rocks.

at killing his own men.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 24, 2009, 04:37:02 PM
John Bell Hood rocks.

at killing his own men.
That battlefield made me angry.

One of the greatest Union victories of the war, and very little of it is preserved.  Guess what stands on the site of Pat Cleburne's death?  A FUCKING PIZZA HUT.

"Yes, I'll have my deep dish pizza with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and the blood of an Irishman."  :mad:

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on August 24, 2009, 04:42:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 24, 2009, 04:37:02 PM
John Bell Hood rocks.

at killing his own men.
That battlefield made me angry.

One of the greatest Union victories of the war, and very little of it is preserved.  Guess what stands on the site of Pat Cleburne's death?  A FUCKING PIZZA HUT.

"Yes, I'll have my deep dish pizza with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and the blood of an Irishman."  :mad:

I'd have thought you of all people would have been moved by such a memorial.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

If it was a BBQ joint maybe :mmm:

Caliga

Anyway, this photo is for Lettuce: