And we're back!

Main Menu

Assassin's Creed PC

Started by vinraith, March 23, 2009, 02:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 27, 2009, 11:14:59 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on March 27, 2009, 08:55:32 AM
WTF?! Far Cry 2 (today' sale, supposedly 50% off) is over 33 dollars over here, on Steam. Twice as expensive as in the States. They can go fuck themselves for all I care.

Europe has been singled out for higher prices.  I think everywhere else gets American prices by default.
We used to as well. It was awesome to buy in dollars these last few years.
The result of this ridiculous switch to euro pricing is simple: I'm not buying from them anymore. I've already ogled a nice Polish site that will sell you serials for Steam games (several guys in the Spanish EUOT have bought L4D from them).

DisturbedPervert

I'm not sure about Polish games, but in general be careful buying serial keys on the internet, especially Valve games.  Some games are region specific.  A lot of people bought thai serial keys for Orange Box, and were surprised to find out they couldn't play it in their country.  I guess it really only applies to online games though, other games would have no idea where you are.

szmik

Quote from: Iormlund on March 27, 2009, 02:49:20 PM
I've already ogled a nice Polish site that will sell you serials for Steam games (several guys in the Spanish EUOT have bought L4D from them).

which one?
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Iormlund on March 27, 2009, 02:49:20 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 27, 2009, 11:14:59 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on March 27, 2009, 08:55:32 AM
WTF?! Far Cry 2 (today' sale, supposedly 50% off) is over 33 dollars over here, on Steam. Twice as expensive as in the States. They can go fuck themselves for all I care.

Europe has been singled out for higher prices.  I think everywhere else gets American prices by default.
We used to as well. It was awesome to buy in dollars these last few years.
The result of this ridiculous switch to euro pricing is simple: I'm not buying from them anymore. I've already ogled a nice Polish site that will sell you serials for Steam games (several guys in the Spanish EUOT have bought L4D from them).

Oh boo fuckin' hoo. I still get my ass raped by the exchange rate.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Iormlund

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 27, 2009, 03:55:06 PM
I'm not sure about Polish games, but in general be careful buying serial keys on the internet, especially Valve games.  Some games are region specific.  A lot of people bought thai serial keys for Orange Box, and were surprised to find out they couldn't play it in their country.  I guess it really only applies to online games though, other games would have no idea where you are.
I know. I wouldn't do it if it wasn't for all those people who are playing L4D without problems. Maybe Steam doesn't discriminate between different Euro countries.

vinraith

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 27, 2009, 11:26:01 AM
The weekend deal is not bad 4 Games (Beyond Good & Evil, Far Cry, Dark Messiah & IL2:1946) for 9.99$

Yup. I already have BG&E on PS2 (fantastic game, btw) but the other three are interesting enough to warrant $10. That means Ubi got me for four out of five of these deals (didn't bite on the new Prince of Persia). Garbon's right, I'm addicted to shopahol. :weep:

Scipio

I am very tempted by the Prince of Persia pack.  Sigh.  Too bad I already have The Sands of Time.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt