News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Assassin's Creed PC

Started by vinraith, March 23, 2009, 02:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinraith

Apparently Ubisoft is running a week-long sale on Steam. Each day, a different Ubi title will be 50% off. Today's deal is Assassin's Creed PC for $10. This one looked intriguing, but I never got around to buying it. Anyone played it? Worth $10?

Liep

Yeah, I think it's worth $10. The poor story is made up for by the excellent graphics and good gameplay.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

It's worth 10$ simply for the ability to kill innocent bystanders over & over & over.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Norgy

Quote from: Liep on March 23, 2009, 02:38:56 PM
Yeah, I think it's worth $10. The poor story is made up for by the excellent graphics and good gameplay.

I thought the gameplay was horrible on the Xbox, but maybe it's better on the PC. I've found that consoles suck. Or rather that I suck at console gaming.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

vinraith

Yup, I bought it back on Monday and I've been enjoying it. These daily Steam sales need to stop, though. At $15 each I've picked up the new Brothers in Arms game and Far Cry 2 now, and I actually dread the coming of the weekend deal...

Grey Fox

Quote from: vinraith on March 26, 2009, 01:31:16 PM
Yup, I bought it back on Monday and I've been enjoying it. These daily Steam sales need to stop, though. At $15 each I've picked up the new Brothers in Arms game and Far Cry 2 now, and I actually dread the coming of the weekend deal...

All of them combined.

vinraith

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 26, 2009, 01:34:39 PM

All of them combined.

Meh, that'd be kind of stupid, and an easy pass.

Iormlund

WTF?! Far Cry 2 (today' sale, supposedly 50% off) is over 33 dollars over here, on Steam. Twice as expensive as in the States. They can go fuck themselves for all I care.

vinraith

Quote from: Iormlund on March 27, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

WTF?! Far Cry 2 (today' sale, supposedly 50% off) is over 33 dollars over here, on Steam. Twice as expensive as in the States. They can go fuck themselves for all I care.

:console: Steam's European pricing does seem to be more than a little broken.

garbon

- Chapter2, Confessions of a Shopaholic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Iormlund on March 27, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Europe has been singled out for higher prices.  I think everywhere else gets American prices by default.

Grey Fox

The weekend deal is not bad 4 Games (Beyond Good & Evil, Far Cry, Dark Messiah & IL2:1946) for 9.99$

DisturbedPervert

When I click on that it doesn't show M&M, only the other three.

DisturbedPervert

This sucks.  Apparently Dark Messiah isn't authorized to be sold on Steam in any country in Asia, so it leaves that game out of the bundle.  But it's already been released here in boxed version.