News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Silent Hunter 5

Started by MadBurgerMaker, August 20, 2009, 01:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Sub sims are for cowards.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Cecil

Real men fight with dreadnaughts?

Neil

Quote from: Cecil on August 23, 2009, 07:00:01 AM
The dreadnought battleship is the most honourable and advanced form of warfare availible in the modern era.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 23, 2009, 08:46:30 AM
Quote from: Cecil on August 23, 2009, 07:00:01 AM
The dreadnought battleship is the most honourable and advanced form of warfare availible in the modern era.

I'm sure your cavalry horses appreciate their berthings as well.

Drakken

Quote from: Neil on August 22, 2009, 04:04:16 PM
Sub sims are for cowards.

At least with sub sims you can replay an entire campaign and adapt, instead of replaying the same few hours of battle all the time.

I mean, Jutland seems great and all, but what is the pleasure in replaying the same battle, the same engagements, and the same formations all the time?

And the Grey Wolves Supermod for Silent Hunter V will kick some f'king ass!  :mmm:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on August 25, 2009, 04:54:06 PM
I mean, Jutland seems great and all, but what is the pleasure in replaying the same battle, the same engagements, and the same formations all the time?

Well, isn't the entire 1916 campaign game a bit flexible?

Ape

Quote from: Iormlund on August 22, 2009, 03:37:13 AM
Quote from: Drakken on August 22, 2009, 02:06:49 AM
Doesn't replace the GWX supermod.

That's the real question, isn't it? If the new engine is mod-friendly, I will buy it fairly quickly. If there are no improvements there, I see no reason to upgrade. Hell, I'm still waiting for GWX4 to buy SH4.
Then you'll have to wait forever, that mod team is disbanded  <_<

Drakken

Quote from: Ape on September 13, 2009, 01:59:30 PM

That's the real question, isn't it? If the new engine is mod-friendly, I will buy it fairly quickly. If there are no improvements there, I see no reason to upgrade. Hell, I'm still waiting for GWX4 to buy SH4.

No! It can't be!  :cry: :weep:

Ape

Quote from: Drakken on September 15, 2009, 10:27:12 AM
Quote from: Ape on September 13, 2009, 01:59:30 PM

No! It can't be!  :cry: :weep:

http://www.thegreywolves.com/

QuoteUPDATE: Journey's End for The Grey Wolves Mod Team
Farewell

Building on the success of our expansion packs for 'Silent Hunter 3', in early 2009 the team began creating the next installment in the GWX series: GWX4, a freeware expansion pack for 'Silent Hunter 4: U-boat Missions'.

Unfortunately, due to the team's real life commitments and the likelihood of many of our objectives for GWX4 being mirrored in next year's release of Silent Hunter 5, the GWX4 project is officially cancelled and the team disbanded.
:contract:

Caliga

The best two sub games ever (tied) are still Red Storm Rising and Silent Service II:cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 25, 2009, 10:12:39 PM
Quote from: Drakken on August 25, 2009, 04:54:06 PM

Well, isn't the entire 1916 campaign game a bit flexible?

I don't care. Last week or so their forum was full because of people who couldn't play because they couldn't access the authorization server. Which was caused by a MS Windows update.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on September 15, 2009, 11:36:14 AM
The best two sub games ever (tied) are still Red Storm Rising and Silent Service II:cool:

Damn right.

CountDeMoney

I used to play RSR in the basement with a red light bulb.  For ambience.

Warspite

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2009, 05:13:59 PM

I used to play RSR in the basement with a red light bulb.  For ambience.
:lol:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Ed Anger

Ah, pumping Harpoons into the Kirov. Good times.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive