12-year-old could face life in prison for slaying

Started by jimmy olsen, August 20, 2009, 10:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2009, 04:45:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2009, 04:44:12 PM
Thank you Captain Buzzkill. My profuse apologies for killing some time.  :blush:
Just videotape yourself with your wife.  Same effect. :p

That gets boring.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

How old (or young) is MBs wife that he gets all this cradle robber jokes?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Jaron

Give me a fucking break. What a lame joke then. You guys make it sound like he married a girl of only 19.

MB you are what..35ish?

When I get married, I know damn for sure I'm going to nab me a nice, younger girl barely of legal age to ensure my youth remains solidified forever. :)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jaron on August 20, 2009, 05:21:39 PM
Give me a fucking break. What a lame joke then. You guys make it sound like he married a girl of only 19.

MB you are what..35ish?

When I get married, I know damn for sure I'm going to nab me a nice, younger girl barely of legal age to ensure my youth remains solidified forever. :)

37. 38 in October.

I don't mind the jokes.

jimmy olsen

MB you are what..35ish?

He married her like 3 years ago, so he was 34 and she was 24.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Scipio

Shit, I'm 9 years and one month older than my wife.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Jaron

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on August 20, 2009, 12:06:34 PM
To say that someone at the age of TWELVE is beyond the point of no return is absolute foolishness.  It is not based on any kind of experience or evidence.   The Brain is just barely beginning puberty at that point, and has an enormous amount of developing and maturing to do.

I don't claim to be any kind of expert, but at our middle school we've had two students that I would classify as absolute sociopaths. In fact, they're diagnosed as having dissocial personality disorder. One of them, at the age of 11, actually scared several staff members by his complete lack of ability to empathize or otherwise recognize how his actions affected others.

Both kids are now in psych hospitals. According to their profiles, their psyches believe that their horrible upbringing - involving extreme neglect, severe physical abuse, and drug use - was the cause of their sociopathic tendencies.

There's no reason to believe that these two kids are unique. Many of our kids aren't far off this mark, though never diagnosed.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 20, 2009, 05:42:21 PM

MB you are what..35ish?

the 1/2 + 7 rule is bullshit.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2009, 07:24:08 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 20, 2009, 05:42:21 PM

MB you are what..35ish?

the 1/2 + 7 rule is bullshit.
34/2 +7 = 24.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point