New P'dox affiliated release - For The Glory

Started by garbon, August 19, 2009, 02:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 20, 2009, 12:40:32 AM
Well, my EU2 disks are corrupted and playing EU1 a few months ago mainly made me jones for EU2 so I could see paying 20.

I have no moral qualms torrenting games I already paid for.

Fate

Quote from: Zoupa on August 20, 2009, 01:57:41 AM
Quote from: Fate on August 20, 2009, 12:26:00 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on August 20, 2009, 12:14:14 AM
It seems a bit silly to release an expansion pack that consists mostly of free stuff, a full 8 years post release, and with a whole new iteration of the game already out  :huh:

I don't see how this could be successful, unless it's around 10 bucks, max.

The map bro. I'll gladly fork up 40$ or whatever it is for a well supported version of MyMap with the current library of AGCEEP events.

Why not play EU3 instead though, if it'sgoing to retail at 40$?

I like being straight jacketed through hisorical events. I find the EU2 map, especially when modded like in Mymap, to be more asthetically pleasing than anything EU3 has been able to produce.

versus...

Legos versus realism, imo...

Zoupa

True, mymap looks better.

I'm not blasting the project, but it stinks of one last cash grab for all us eu2 fanbois. It's the main reason we're all here in the first place.

I'll probably get it anyways, but as I said, not for more than 10 bucks.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sahib

Quote from: Fate on August 20, 2009, 03:41:39 AM
I find the EU2 map, especially when modded like in Mymap, to be more asthetically pleasing than anything EU3 has been able to produce.

versus...

It's not fair to compare modders work with vanilla.
This would be more like it:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Valmy

Except in this case we are talking about a Mod being released by Paradox.

A release that will make garbon independently wealthy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Pishtaco

I like being straight jacketed through hisorical events. I find the EU2 map, especially when modded like in Mymap, to be more asthetically pleasing than anything EU3 has been able to produce.

How about:

sbr

I really like that Hand-Drawn Mapmod for EU3, it is actually what made me buy the game.

Fate

Quote from: Pishtaco on August 21, 2009, 12:26:52 PM

How about:

I rarely play on a terrain mode. I find the political map mode to be the most informative and immersive. Regardless, in both EU3 screenshots, the map looks like it's made of legos. Look at MyMap - it actually resembles what we think Europe looks like in real maps. It's crisp. In EU3 we get horribly large triangles to approximate borders. It looks silly and speaks poorly on Paradox, especially given what EU3's predecessor engine is capable of.

HOI3 seems to have finally gotten the equation right. It's still uses the same EU3 triangle system, yet they're sufficiently small that at a normal zoom level it looks and feels like a real map!

Josephus

So, I take it this will be a stand alone game, right...since my EU2 disc has long been lost.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on August 22, 2009, 05:04:09 PM
So, I take it this will be a stand alone game, right...since my EU2 disc has long been lost.

Yeah, I read somewhere that they'll ship it as complete.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

saskganesh

Quote from: Valmy on August 21, 2009, 11:54:21 AM
Except in this case we are talking about a Mod being released by Paradox.

A release that will make garbon independently wealthy.

we should reward his initiative.
humans were created in their own image

viper37

Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2009, 10:56:07 PM
Perhaps it sounds better in French?
Actually, yes, it sounds better in French.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.