New P'dox affiliated release - For The Glory

Started by garbon, August 19, 2009, 02:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Only 1,000 counties?  Sounds like the map's going to be pretty small.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on August 19, 2009, 11:44:52 AM
Only 1,000 counties?  Sounds like the map's going to be pretty small.

Yeah that would be a typo on p'dox fault. This isn't CK, there are no counties. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Why are they basing this on the EU2 engine when they have a new one out?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on August 19, 2009, 11:51:34 AM

They allowed some fans/independent programmers access to the EU2 source code to see what they could do.  They have kept EU3 to themselves though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on August 19, 2009, 11:51:34 AM

G.

Because p'dox released its sourcecode for teams of people who wanted to modify it.  They were allowing people to do so for all the other games that were released on the old engine, but I don't recall what happened there. I think they decided not to release the CK code as they've still a beta release out there. Ulmont did you ever here from p'dox?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: Barrister on August 19, 2009, 11:55:08 AM

They allowed some fans/independent programmers access to the EU2 source code to see what they could do.  They have kept EU3 to themselves though.

Hmmm.... perhaps they'll do something like that with the Magna Mundi crew...?  They were already given a sub-forum of their own.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Here's a long thread that potential changes/wishlist sort of items were discussed.  Of course the team was quiet on what had actually changed as we were covered by our NDA.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352140

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2009, 11:57:39 AM
I think they decided not to release the CK code as they've still a beta release out there. Ulmont did you ever here from p'dox?

My latest inquiry, on April 21, was responded to with "We're currently swamped in applications and can't handle more.  Please contact us again in August if you still want to do a license."

I guess it's about time to resend the proposal.

Tamas

Considerding they have decided to NOT make CK2 for a while (crap) then yes, you guys should really get to fixing Johan's code of CK1.

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on August 19, 2009, 12:22:22 PM
My latest inquiry, on April 21, was responded to with "We're currently swamped in applications and can't handle more.  Please contact us again in August if you still want to do a license."

I guess it's about time to resend the proposal.
Yeah can't hurt to try and get in touch again.

Josquius

RE: CK. Isn't Johan on record as saying he had a horrible time developing CK1 and doesn't fancy doing that again?

When is this EU2 thingy due out anyway?
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on August 19, 2009, 01:36:09 PM
RE: CK. Isn't Johan on record as saying he had a horrible time developing CK1 and doesn't fancy doing that again?

When is this EU2 thingy due out anyway?

I thought the story is well-known: a bunch of Russian fucktards pulled a magnificent bluff on Paradox acting as if they were developing CK. When they discovered this, Johan had to blitzkrieg the joke of a code the Russians crawled together and turn it into a game in record time, which he did. I know I know, CK 1.0 was not exactly spectacular, but too bad you were not in the beta to see from where it reached that point.

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on August 19, 2009, 01:37:31 PM
'Grats, Garbo, on getting published.  :hug:

Yes, congrats. :)

Now jump ship asap to ulmont's CK team and help him out. :P

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on August 19, 2009, 01:41:07 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 19, 2009, 01:37:31 PM
'Grats, Garbo, on getting published.  :hug:

Yes, congrats. :)

Now jump ship asap to ulmont's CK team and help him out. :P

:D

Thanks, guys. Kinda crazy really.