News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Quote from: DGuller on June 08, 2011, 11:53:03 AM
And I got an infraction on top of that.  I knew the douche was a moderator, but since he didn't use the obnoxious font while saying obnoxious things, I thought he was voicing his opinion as a true believer rather than as a mod.  Oh, well, running afoul of that thought police is a badge of honor.

Oddly, I didn't.   :nelson:

DGuller

It sure makes me nostalgic about the dark times at Paradox that gave rise to Languish.  I think my first ban from Paradox was also for comments made in the Vicky forums, although given that BiB was the one trying to explain the reason, I was never quite sure about it.

DGuller

Quote from: Faeelin on June 08, 2011, 12:02:15 PM
And I got an infraction on top of that.  I knew the douche was a moderator, but since he didn't use the obnoxious font while saying obnoxious things, I thought he was voicing his opinion as a true believer rather than as a mod.  Oh, well, running afoul of that thought police is a badge of honor.

Oddly, I didn't.   :nelson:
I'm working on a second one.  I pointed out privately to Dark whatever that he didn't use the mod font, so I'm sure that the next couple of infraction points are already in the works.  Rebel whacking is how they deal with dissent over there.

Ed Anger

OHGamer is gonna rape you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

At least he'll have the courtesy of doing that with a special font.

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on June 08, 2011, 11:46:34 AM
Wow, that was quick.  My post has already been deleted.  They sure are fast with some things at Paradox, even if making a playable game isn't one of them.

What was your post?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

Quote from: Habbaku on June 08, 2011, 01:10:07 PM
What was your post?
QuoteAlthough perhaps not quite the direction I would have gone in, I'm very excited to see what Paradox has in store for Victoria! Nice work, guys!
QuoteWarning: insufficiently adulatory.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Ah, the Stalinization path.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

QuoteReally, that's trolling? Did reactionaries just take control of the mod team and scale back free speech reforms? I think it's very well-known fact that Vicky 2 already has a design far ahead of the Paradox's ability to balance it, and make it work properly over the game's entire time span. I think it's a very valid concern that even more complicated design can make the situation worse. Sorry if critical comments dampen the enthusiasm that this thread is designed to drum up, but censoring the valid concerns is hardly going to help the game.
Apparently that was considered to be "arguing moderator decision".

KRonn

Too bad this is still so messed up. Vicky was one of my favorite nation/economy building games.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Watch out or that mod will make you Gandhi.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on June 08, 2011, 01:23:21 PM
QuoteReally, that's trolling? Did reactionaries just take control of the mod team and scale back free speech reforms? I think it's very well-known fact that Vicky 2 already has a design far ahead of the Paradox's ability to balance it, and make it work properly over the game's entire time span. I think it's a very valid concern that even more complicated design can make the situation worse. Sorry if critical comments dampen the enthusiasm that this thread is designed to drum up, but censoring the valid concerns is hardly going to help the game.

To be fair any mention of "free speech" when discussing moderation on an internet forum should be grounds for a temp ban in any event.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2011, 03:56:07 PM

To be fair any mention of "free speech" when discussing moderation on an internet forum should be grounds for a temp ban in any event.

He's quite clearly using Victoria terminology to make a crack there, not actually talking about "free speech."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on June 08, 2011, 04:08:55 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2011, 03:56:07 PM

He's quite clearly using Victoria terminology to make a crack there, not actually talking about "free speech."

I stand by my point.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.