News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on April 04, 2011, 11:37:17 AM
So there's no longer the insane amount of rebel whacking?

What is the latest patch anyway? Might have to have another go, been fancying a bit of strategy gaming and there's nought new in the world.
No, not in my experience.  Of course, if you ever run afoul of Great Britain after about 1890, you'll be pining for those Anarcho-Liberal rebels.

Josquius

So I tried the beta patch....
major bug introduced: The world is now flat.
You can't send a ship over the pacific, has to go around the world to get from australia to canada, it just gets stuck if you try and step it there bit by bit.
Woops.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on April 04, 2011, 12:52:08 PM
So I tried the beta patch....
major bug introduced: The world is now flat.
You can't send a ship over the pacific, has to go around the world to get from australia to canada, it just gets stuck if you try and step it there bit by bit.
Woops.
Could be a map cache problem.  Try deleting it and start again.

Josquius

What do I delete? Everything in the map/cache folder?
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on April 04, 2011, 01:33:10 PM
What do I delete? Everything in the map/cache folder?
That's how it worked in EU3.  Give it a try, and we'll find out if that's how it works in Vicky 2.

Josquius

Aha.
Tried that and started a new game and still the world stops in the mid pacific.
Bizzare.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

I think I had the same problem in EU3 and got it to work by first moving the fleet next to the divide line, then clicking on an adjacent sea zone across it, and then moving the rest of the way. I.e. the fleet only crosses the line when it's immediately next to it.

Josquius

Quote from: Solmyr on April 04, 2011, 03:48:31 PM
I think I had the same problem in EU3 and got it to work by first moving the fleet next to the divide line, then clicking on an adjacent sea zone across it, and then moving the rest of the way. I.e. the fleet only crosses the line when it's immediately next to it.

Yeah, am kind of getting it to work like that, trouble is the fleet took so long to cross the border it ended up sinking. The route to cross the divide isn't straight, it sort of loops back on itself then goes over. Really weird, never seen it before.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Got it working, downloaded another version of the beta patch. Seems there are like 5 or 6 of them.
██████
██████
██████

Gaius Marius

March 29th is currently the newest beta patch.
First Man in Rome

Razgovory

I always wondered if one day they will make a Paradox game on a Globe rather then a contorted cylinder.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2011, 10:12:11 PM
I always wondered if one day they will make a Paradox game on a Globe rather then a contorted cylinder.
I certainly hope not.  It is a dreadful idea.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on April 06, 2011, 06:20:08 AM
Why's that in your view?

I can see ways it could be done well...but also ways it could be done badly.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

And now it seems to crash everytime the nationalism and imperialism event pops up :frusty:
And its lost all my saved games from today. Just wtf. :ultra:

I think I'm going to drop this one again...
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on April 06, 2011, 06:20:08 AM

I don't know about dreadful - as someone with a particular interest in the north I have certainly noticed how badly distorted northern areas are in Paradox games.

That being said putting the game on a proper globe seems like it would add needless complexity to the code with only marginal gameplay benefits.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.