Military enthusiasts re-enact the Vietnam War

Started by jimmy olsen, August 17, 2009, 09:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Do the groups draw lots to see who can be Animal MOther?
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 17, 2009, 09:43:33 PM
Iraq War re-enactors will just be a bunch of guys in H2s driving over firecrackers.  Lame. :(

I can get a hold of a couple original hummers. Mount those Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 Blasters on them and recreate the Thunder Run in Baghdad.

Sounds like fun actually.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 18, 2009, 06:47:03 AM
Iraq War re-enactors will just be a bunch of guys in H2s driving over firecrackers.  Lame. :(

I can get a hold of a couple original hummers. Mount those Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 Blasters on them and recreate the Thunder Run in Baghdad.

You'll abandon your cool plans when you get a real hummer.  :(
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 18, 2009, 06:39:18 AM
Ooh!  Ooh!  I call Private Pyle.  :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 18, 2009, 06:48:46 AM

Ah, but the look on environmentalist's and lefty scum's faces when you drive by them is awesome. that look of disgust would please me.

And the H2 and H3 models are for women.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 18, 2009, 06:51:14 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 18, 2009, 06:39:18 AM
Ooh!  Ooh!  I call Private Pyle.  :menace:

I'll get the towels and soap.

Darth Wagtaros

I think Lettow should be Cowboy, and Garbon should be Snowball.
PDH!

saskganesh

I am not sure about the ethics of reinacting a  movie when the original actors are still alive. And shouldn't they be doing this in a soundstage in Britain?
humans were created in their own image

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on August 18, 2009, 07:52:16 AM
I wanna be Colonel Kurtz.  :D

The horror

I nominate Martim and Lettow to be Nick and Michael from The Deer Hunter.  They just need to re-enact the game scene.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Darth Wagtaros

Tim could be Robin Williams' character from Good Morning Vietnam! with Cdm as Christopher Walken.
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 18, 2009, 06:51:50 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 18, 2009, 06:48:46 AM

Ah, but the look on environmentalist's and lefty scum's faces when you drive by them is awesome. that look of disgust would please me.

And the H2 and H3 models are for women.
Be cooler if you re-enacted GI Joe.  Paint the hummer black with a cobra symbol on it and claim to be re-building the Weather Dominator. 
PDH!

The Brain

I can be John McCain. First I blow up my shipmates and then I surrender to yellow pipple.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

saskganesh

and what are the ethical dimensions of reinacting GI Joe?!? and it does it involve forced castration (authenticity)?
humans were created in their own image

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: saskganesh on August 18, 2009, 11:16:48 AM
and what are the ethical dimensions of reinacting GI Joe?!? and it does it involve forced castration (authenticity)?
Copyright attorneys will do so.
PDH!