Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Fireblade

The Brain

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Fireblade on August 15, 2009, 09:10:11 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 15, 2009, 04:46:42 AM
Quote from: Fireblade on August 14, 2009, 11:13:15 PM
I don't drink red wine. That shit tastes awful. Wine is supposed to be sweet.  :mad:

Are you German and/or a girl or what ?  :lol:

I have a German last name, yes.  :Embarrass:

But calling me a girl because I don't drink wine? You are aware that wine is a woman's drink, right? Real men drink whiskey.

Single malt whisk(e)y I hope but I actually prefer cognac. Can't say I'm drinking all the time VSOP or XO like other forum members though...
In redneck land that might be the case but in Southern Europe (including France) girlies don't like non-sweet (death to chaptalisation)and/or old red wine.

Fireblade

Is Rebel Yell single malt? I got some Courvasier once, for my graduation. I drank the entire bottle that night, so I guess I enjoyed it.  :huh:

crazy canuck

I keep my red wine in a cellar which keeps it at a nice cool temperature.

If I didnt have that I would put it in the fridge prior to serving to cool it if needed.

Gambrinus

Quote from: Fireblade on August 15, 2009, 02:38:05 PM
Is Rebel Yell single malt? I got some Courvasier once, for my graduation. I drank the entire bottle that night, so I guess I enjoyed it.  :huh:
Courvoisier is a Cognac (as in Culture, not as in Brandy). You better enjoyed it, barbarian :frog:

Btw, red wine should be served at room temperature. That is: room temperature at medieval castles.

garbon

Quote from: Gambrinus on August 15, 2009, 04:03:31 PM
as in Culture, not as in Brandy

You calling Brandy uncultured? Don't be dissing my girl just because she hasn't had a hit since 2002. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Moesha = greatest show ever.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Fireblade

Tonight's drink:

Roommate is on a mission tonight to secure the last bottles of Knob Creek in Little Rock. Apparently, he wants his supply to last until November. He forgot that I live with him.  :menace:

Fireblade

By the way, for all the Canadian whiskey drinkers:

THE best Canadian whiskey. Tastes like Crown, but for $10 less. This is my whiskey of choice. :pirate

dps

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 15, 2009, 02:41:31 PM
I keep my red wine in a cellar which keeps it at a nice cool temperature.

If I didnt have that I would put it in the fridge prior to serving to cool it if needed.

Good point.  For those of us who don't have a cellar, it's usually necessary to chill it.

Fun fact (which I may have mentioned before):  when aa and I moved to NC, we stocked up big time on wine, because there were some West Virginia wines that I liked that I knew I couldn't get down here, and the while the stuff aa likes is available here, it's considerably more expensive than it is in WV.

Unfortunately, all our WV wine is gone now, except for some blueberry wine ( :x) that aa picked out for some reason.

garbon

Hey, dps, how are things going now with aa? Answer in the backroom/pm if you'd lilke. :)

dps

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2009, 12:06:31 AM
Hey, dps, how are things going now with aa? Answer in the backroom/pm if you'd lilke. :)

Nah, I don't mind answering here--at least not the short version, which is that we're still together, we have some problems, but that's normal in a relationship, and we're working on the problems and are committed to making this thing work.

Uhm, you did know that we finally did get married back in January, right?  I know I posted about it.