People who only studied all their lives

Started by Martim Silva, August 12, 2009, 05:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2009, 05:43:29 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 12, 2009, 05:38:47 PM
I may have some prejudice against someone who gets to their mid 30s without having worked a full time job.

And I have some prejudice against snotnosed 21 year old college grads that haven't accomplished dick in their lives other than binge drinking and date raping in college, so there ya go.
There ya go indeed.  I think higher ed is just a bubble.  Lot's of these people shouldn't be in college in the first place, let alone graduating.  I've had them work for me, seen their writing.  Even mid terms are full of grammatical and spelling mistakes.

Seems to me a fair number of them woujld be better off getting a job for a few years and learning time management and maybe a trade. 
PDH!

Barrister

I may have some prejudice against someone who gets to their mid 30s without having worked a full time job.

And I have some prejudice against snotnosed 21 year old college grads that haven't accomplished dick in their lives other than binge drinking and date raping in college, so there ya go.

I was a 25 year old college grad that hadn't accomplished dick in his life, thank you very much.   :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2009, 05:51:40 PM

I was a 25 year old college grad that hadn't accomplished dick in his life, thank you very much.   :mad:

And look at you now.  Pleated pants.

I REST MY CASE

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on August 12, 2009, 05:37:13 PM
Plus older people usually make less stupid mistakes.
Unless it's computer related, then they make more.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on August 12, 2009, 06:20:31 PM

You kids and your "leet" skills.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on August 12, 2009, 06:20:31 PM

Nah, not in my experience. They may be slower but they are more careful.

Legbiter

Hell, hire her on for the autumn. See how she does in 3 months or so. My best employee is a 63 year old woman doing the book laminating. I hired her 5 years ago and now I can't run the place without her.  :lol:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 12, 2009, 07:03:47 PM
is she hot? :)

Think with the head on the top, and not with the head near the bottom

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

DGuller

Getting rid of her just because of her age sounds stupid.  If her special situation leads to other concerns, then it may warrant further consideration.

saskganesh

I've had bosses younger then me. They like having the old guy around. He's more focussed, puts up with less bullshit, and brings other experiences and knowledge to the table.

It doesn't seem like she has brought baggage. so hire her.
humans were created in their own image