News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Eve Online] Anyone want to do some mining?

Started by Berkut, August 12, 2009, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

MbM, right now I am basing out from near Gensela/Miah/Yarebap. Yarebap has an 18 belt 0.5 system.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on August 14, 2009, 03:46:33 PM
He might be able to suicide a Hulk, but not an Orca. My fit has 170k effective HP. Concord would destroy him long before he had any chance of beating it down.

All anyone has to do is be in fleet with you and CONCORD won't get involved.  So be careful with that.

Edit(ing):
QuoteMbM, right now I am basing out from near Gensela/Miah/Yarebap. Yarebap has an 18 belt 0.5 system.

Okay cool only 12 jumps out.  Those systems get pretty busy?

Berkut

Moderately busy, but not terribly so that I have seen so far.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Strix

If it gets too busy. I mine out of the Rokofur system. It is a 0.6 system with a good size belt. It also has the advantage of being next to a 0.3 system and a couple jumps from a 0.1, so offers a wide variety (plus Ombar).
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

MadBurgerMaker

Oh yeah.  Triumvirate lost a titan yesterday.  Apparently, it was the first time he'd used the thing.  Heh. 

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/398187

Cecil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 15, 2009, 05:05:46 PM
Oh yeah.  Triumvirate lost a titan yesterday.  Apparently, it was the first time he'd used the thing.  Heh. 

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/398187

And 5 more were probably completed in the time it took for the thing to die.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Cecil on August 15, 2009, 06:19:46 PM

:unsure:

Cecil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 15, 2009, 06:34:47 PM
Quote from: Cecil on August 15, 2009, 06:19:46 PM

:unsure:

Titan proliferation is a plague in EvE mkay. <_<

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Cecil on August 15, 2009, 06:37:35 PM
Titan proliferation is a plague in EvE mkay. <_<

There's only about 200 of the things, with a big chunk of those being in AAA, <whatever Kenny is called>, GoonSwarm/RA/TCF, NC, and Pandemic Legion.  The problem isn't the number of hulls, it's the stupid Doomsday device attached to those hulls.  If they were superdreads or something like MS are kinda shitty supercarriers, they wouldn't be too bad at all.

Edit:  I still can't figure out what they were thinking when they came up with the doomsday device.  "I know!  Let's have a 250km smartbomb that does 65,000 damage, so anything below a tanked battleship and maybe a supertanked Drake or something will be annihilated with the push of a button!"  What's even more ridiculous is when they first came up with it, they thought it'd be okay to be able to detonate the DD through a cyno

It's amazing to me that there wasn't someone there who thought that might be a bad idea in an MMO where hundreds of people can be fighting, blahblahblah, at the same time.  Or if there was, that their concerns weren't considered important enough to.....not do it.

Cecil

As far as I understand from the beginning it was considered unlikely the the player community would ever enough resources and organize themselves to a point where more than a handful would ever be built. Clearly they underestimated the effort people tend to put into this thing. And the whole AFK moonming thing really boosted the resources to bring capital ship building into high gear. Now all I think they could do to reign this silliness in is create a high upkeep for titans and maybe other capitals. Say a billion a day for the first titan, 2 billion daily for the second titan etc. As long as there is no upkeep the alliances will continue building them at a vastly higher pace than they are being shot down.

CountDeMoney

Never even seen one in action, but there's too many Titans in the game, and yes, the DD shit is a bit over the top.

MadBurgerMaker

Before you start putting limits on the number of capital ships in the game, for whatever reason, you're going to have to change how sovereignty works.  If you start taking out capitals without taking out POS warfare, you've just totally fucked everyone who has to go and shoot at a POS (dreads), or everyone who has to go repair a POS (carriers).  Also, are you talking about things like Rorquals as well?  Those are cap ships too.

As far as titans go, why are they ruining the game for you?  What's the silliness that needs to be reigned in?  What would be so bad about them if they were to turn them into a superdread that can really only hit POS and caps (even more so than the current regular dreads when they're sieged)?  Is it the jump bridge thing (it's pretty awesome getting thrown into the middle of a battle like that)?  Or just because they're big?

I've run around in all sorts of cap ship fights, including ones involving both friendly and hostile titans (bug the fuck out as soon as the titan appears, then come back after they press their button), and the only thing that irritates me about them is the DD.  Otherwise, it's pretty cool IMO, watching huge capital fleets kick the crap out of each other while the support fleets do the same trying to gain an advantage, so they can then help their caps maybe kill a titan.

CountDeMoney

Hey Berkut, any need for any timecodes soon? Daddy wants ISK.  Training up for jump freighters soon.

MadBurgerMaker

Apocrypha 1.5 is being released on the 20th.  This is the one with the different sized rigs in it. :mmm:

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain