News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Eve Online] Anyone want to do some mining?

Started by Berkut, August 12, 2009, 11:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Meh, anything that breaks up the power of the super-giant alliances and their pets is a good thing. The NAP fest that is 0.0 politics is boring, and the insane amounts of cash that alliances like GS/PL/AAA and such can amass is bad for competition.

0.0 politics should not be dominated by a few mega-alliances.

Moon income may be "fun" for the members of the mega alliances, but it isn't fun for anyone else.

Everyone can just be in shitty little alliances that can't afford to do anything except small gang PvP.

Well, there might be some happy middle ground between what we have now and that, I think.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on September 11, 2009, 08:15:27 AM
Meh, anything that breaks up the power of the super-giant alliances and their pets is a good thing. The NAP fest that is 0.0 politics is boring, and the insane amounts of cash that alliances like GS/PL/AAA and such can amass is bad for competition.

The problem here seems to be a lack of understanding about what actually goes on.  For example, Pandemic Legion's "pets" Sons of Tangra are neutral to GoonSwarm and routinely go through ganking us  (and vice versa), or at least they were up until very recently.  Pandemic Legion themselves are currently blue to GoonSwarm once again, although that changes fairly regularly as everyone knows (although it might not for a while now just out of pure convenience).  KIA and ZAF are apparently just sort of hanging out, although they're also not a couple of "super giant alliances," nor are they anyone's pets.  Rebellion (former RA guys) also live in Querious.  Not pets, just friends who were living in NPC 0.0 who accepted the offer of a free constellation in Querious.  They do whatever they want over there.  It involves a lot of asskicking while speaking Russian.

The owners of Providence, CVA and those little alliances in there, are AFAIK RP types who have one of those NRDS policies, while they're...well...red to everyone around them.  They don't come into Delve or Querious much that I know of, but IIRC, they run little gangs through Catch and fight AAA, who does the same to them.

AAA and Red Overlord are both hostile offshoots of Red Alliance who are currently working together, with ROL obviously being a much newer group.  AAA used to be allied with RA/GS/TCF and were fighting against the "Stainwagon," but when ROL split off because of that static plex, they went in with them, allied with all those Stainwagon alliances, and immediately began an invasion of GS space with Band of Brothers. 

Atlas, after being thrown out of Geminate, moved into Stain and after some nastiness and fighting, ended up becoming allies of AAA.  They've become fairly powerful as far as I can tell, but they've tried the "pet" game, and those ended up getting iced pretty quickly.  Minor Threat, was formerly hostile, but after those Atlas pets were killed, they pulled an IRC and switched sides.  Now they're at least light blue to GS, and I assume RA and XIX, since they're still there.  I don't know who the fuck "The Initiative." is.  A period alliance.  Who cares.

Red Alliance and XIX you know (XIX also came from RA).  Friends, etc.  Solar (another former RA group) is also friendly with those two and with us, but doesn't actively help, since they're at war with at least some of the Northern entities, not including TCF, I don't think.  The same Northern guys who tend to be friendly, or in the case of Razor and TCF, really friendly with GoonSwarm. 

What's this bullshit about a napfest?  There aren't any massive invasions currently going on, but it's hardly a land of sunshine and lollipops and peace and that garbage.  There are alliances inside these so called napfests that are fighting other napfest members, while blue to some members of the other, supposedly hostile napfest.

Quote0.0 politics should not be dominated by a few mega-alliances.

Why not, and what makes you think making things even more dependent on sheer numbers would "help"?  GoonSwarm, for example, will always have member funded battleship and capital fleets, there will just be some people who are much more.....well...they just don't necessarily want to lose those ships because it represents a lot more shitty work time now to replace it.  Since GoonSwarm tends to be more "suicidal" than most other alliances, that attitude would probably be even more prevalent int he other alliances.  That's not a good thing, by the way.  Leads to even more stupid, shitty blue ball situations than we get now (a lot).

QuoteMoon income may be "fun" for the members of the mega alliances, but it isn't fun for anyone else.

What is it taking away from "everyone else"?  Why does "everyone else" get to have the same benefits of being a large, successful alliance without actually being large or successful or even an alliance? 

Well, there might be some happy middle ground between what we have now and that, I think.

What do we have now that's so bad?  In 0.0, we have alliances of all sizes all over the map actively fighting against each other all the goddamn time.  You can go from 5,000 member GoonSwarm on one end all the way down to...say....450 member Stain Empire.  And yes...SE can fuck things up all on their own.  XIX, massive superpower, only has something like 650 members (probably 50 of which are alts of XDeath  :P).

There aren't any alliances with numbers like GS...well...anywhere else, but are you telling me that there aren't any 1-200 member corporations in Empire that can get together to form an alliance?  Can they not move to 0.0 and get into that whole part of the game?  Of course they can, but it isn't easy, nor should it be.  If they're failures, they turn out to be like Tri.  If they're successful, hey...they'd be like GoonSwarm, who came from Syndicate.

The new Sov system should "loosen things up" a bit, and that's totally cool, but there's no reason to just go and cripple the current space holding alliances because.....well....it seems just because...

CountDeMoney

Not everybody's in Goon, so go fuck yourself and your defense of the 1%.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2009, 05:49:00 PM
Not everybody's in Goon, so go fuck yourself and your defense of the 1%.

:lol:  Sounds like you still need a sponsor, bitter former member of the 1%more than 1%.

Edit:  :nelson

Berkut

:Actively fighting each other" my ass. They are doing their little roaming gang thing, and everyone is terrified of pissing off GS and their 8 zillion little friends who are also terrified of NOT being buds.

Even the "reds" are BS reds. They are just red enough to have some pseudo pew-pew, but nobody is going to challenge the status quo. You cannot compete with the super alliances, that has been proven time and again. Those with massive R64 income win, and everyone else loses.But I think CCP knows this, and change is coming.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on September 11, 2009, 08:09:03 PM
:Actively fighting each other" my ass. They are doing their little roaming gang thing, and everyone is terrified of pissing off GS and their 8 zillion little friends who are also terrified of NOT being buds.

You understand that there have been some holds put on invasions because of the upcoming Sov changes, yes?  The Atlas pets were smashed, then everything kinda calmed down. 

QuoteEven the "reds" are BS reds. They are just red enough to have some pseudo pew-pew, but nobody is going to challenge the status quo. You cannot compete with the super alliances, that has been proven time and again. Those with massive R64 income win, and everyone else loses.But I think CCP knows this, and change is coming.

Yes indeed.  The war with AAA and Atlas is just bullshit and we're not actually fighting.  Razor and Solar don't actively hate each other.   Just because there aren't currently any invasions going on (see above), doesn't mean there isn't fighting.  RA just killed a BNC titan yesterday.  We lost ~10 cap ships yesterday in a clusterfuck against HACs and battleships (in Detorid, not Delve).  E: As a matter of fact, judging by the killboard, there is a large-ish battle going on in Detorid right now (looks like AAA/Atlas/The Initiative/DICE. vs. GS/MM/Minor Threat/ZAF...Controlled Chaos is apparently being shot by both sides. E2:  They got reset during the fight  :lol:).

https://killboard.goonfleet.com/system/3-LJW3/1-1  First 5 pages of kills (as of right now) in that system are from the last couple of hours.

You know almost as little about what's going on as your former alliance leader.  Almost.  That guy doesn't have a single clue.  You at least know that GS and Razor and XIX are allies.

MadBurgerMaker

Here we go:

I kinda like it so far, or at least this part of it.  Some screenshots are showing the sov disrupting doohickies require 24 hours to online, so in addition to the 12 hours of being online to make the system go neutral, that means 36 hours total, which is what was needed to take care of the whole timezone issue (so an alliance based in a certain primetime wouldn't just be totally fucked by, say, a 12 hour timer). 

The control unit thing appears to also take 24 hours to online, then an additional 24 to claim sov.

A screenshot:

They're saying it's all subject to change, of course (look at the volumes...).

Edit:  Oh there was a blog on the cap changes.  Titans getting a targeted capkilling (2m damage) superweapon + bonuses to dread type guns (like a sieged dread, only without the siege), motherships getting fighterbombers, losing the triage thing, etc.  Both are getting a bigtime HP boost.

So far, the Moros is being changed so it only gets that monstrous drone damage bonus when it's sieged.  Nidhoggur/Hel/Minmatar carrier bonus is being changed....somehow...I forget.  Whatever...it's supposedly on Sisi today.

Edit2:  And when I say bigtime, I mean:

QuoteNyx
Shield increased from 225,000 to 562,500
Armor increased from 262,500 to 1,050,000
Hull increased from 300,000 to 600,000

QuoteErebus
Shield increased from 275,000 to 687,500
Armor increased from 325,000 to 1,300,000
Hull increased from 400,000 to 800,000

Oh.  They're also not going to be called "motherships" anymore.  They're "supercarriers" now.  Heh.

Edit3:  Holy shit.  Screenshots are up of one of our titan pilots on Sisi soloing looks like 5 or 6 dreads and a carrier or two with an Avatar.  The wrecks are just piled up. :blink:

Warspite

Is this game worth getting if I can only put in two or three hours per working week? (weekends will vary)

I'm really intrigued by it.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Warspite on September 17, 2009, 07:56:58 AM
Is this game worth getting if I can only put in two or three hours per working week? (weekends will vary)

No;  it requires a certain constant level of heavy commitment for the first year or so, or you'll get fahdized really quickly.

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah, kinda what Seedy said, although I wonder if you could use the faction warfare stuff to get some good pvp and such whenever you want.  I don't really know how that would affect your ability to make isk in empire though.  Might just be that you have to be even more paranoid than you normally would in empire while you're doing your thing. 

It could be something to look in to though.  Mine or run missions or something during the week, jump in a FW gang and go wreck shit on the weekend.

Tamas

Yeah due to how the game works, and especially due to the skill learning system, you need some very heavy commitment, which is really a shame because as far as freeform online alternate realities go, EVE is by far the best and most interesting.

Jaron

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2009, 07:00:54 PM

No;  it requires a certain constant level of heavy commitment for the first year or so, or you'll get fahdized really quickly.

I could use a WoW break. Need another foot soldier? :goodboy:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on September 18, 2009, 02:25:04 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2009, 07:00:54 PM

I could use a WoW break. Need another foot soldier? :goodboy:

Fuck off, douchebag.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.