News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Your Interests?

Started by Queequeg, August 13, 2009, 01:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Self describe your interests.  Partly inspired by Shelibh's (mis)characterization of my interest in "decedent" Empires.

Zone of Ultimate Fetish:
Almost anything to do with Greece, Turkey, Russia, Armenia, Persia.  A lot of art, 19th century Russian and American literature, modern American literature, great TV series, classic American and international films, Mid-Eastern and Medditeranean food

Dedicated Interests:
Linguistics, anthropology, medieval and ancient history, vertebrate paleontology, 19th century history, Eastern European, Central Asian history, Chinese and Indian society and history, almost all food, modern American literature

Current Trends, Future Dedicated Interests?:
Pre-Abrahamic Mid-Eastern religion and society, Carthage, Roman history, Dark Age history

Feel free to add wines, genres of film/novels, whatnot.....
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I don't know what a "decedent empire" is and* I don't think fetishes should be aired in public.

*just learned what that is  :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Positioning Tim & Jaron to marry Ed's daughters in 15 to 20 years.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 13, 2009, 01:45:21 PM
Positioning Tim & Jaron to marry Ed's daughters in 15 to 20 years.

never going to happen. Find a new hobby.

Grey Fox

They'll need Sugar Daddies once you croack of stress.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 13, 2009, 01:51:22 PM
They'll need Sugar Daddies once you croack of stress.

Damn, your English is regressing.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.