News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Those Wacky Burmans

Started by Eddie Teach, August 11, 2009, 07:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090811/ap_on_re_as/as_myanmar_opposition_leader

More house arrest for Aung San Suu Kyi and hard labor for an American fundy who visited her to talk about his dreams.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Oh, he was a fundy?

Damn, and I felt sorry for him. Good riddance.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on August 11, 2009, 07:10:14 AM
Oh, he was a fundy?

Damn, and I felt sorry for him. Good riddance.
Marty = filled with hate. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 11, 2009, 07:08:18 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090811/ap_on_re_as/as_myanmar_opposition_leader

More house arrest for Aung San Suu Kyi and hard labor for an American fundy who visited her to talk about his dreams.

Huh. Heard about that on BBC last week or the week before- it's a shame, they were really hoping that the government would show some leniency and leave the American out of it.
Experience bij!

Valmy

Burma must sure be happy they have North Korea around so they can comfortably remain the second shittiest country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Am I the only one whose first thought when seeing the thread title was:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2009, 08:08:41 AM
Burma must sure be happy they have North Korea around so they can comfortably remain the second shittiest country.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure Bhutan is worse.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Viking

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 11, 2009, 08:31:54 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2009, 08:08:41 AM

I don't know, I'm pretty sure Bhutan is worse.

How can you go wrong with "Gross National Happiness". Bhutan is a bit strange, recently the government did force everybody over the age of 18 to vote. All the parties were royalist who were being parties only because the king wanted them too and they loved his majesty more than any of the other parties.

Strange. They only recently allowed TV, but that was because the people were going for satellite anyway.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Bhutan doesn't seem so bad.  Just crazy and backward, not evil.
Traditional monarchy > brutal military dictatorship.

There do exist other candidates for (2nd) shittiest country around though- just look Africawards....
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on August 11, 2009, 08:53:55 AM
Bhutan doesn't seem so bad.  Just crazy and backward, not evil.
Traditional monarchy > brutal military dictatorship.

Yup.  Poor Nepal :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2009, 08:28:40 AM
Am I the only one whose first thought when seeing the thread title was:

Yes.  That's Chris Berman, not Chris Burman.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

I'd go with Burma over Bhutan.  Those dresses they make you wear are just too wacky.

Lettow77

hee! That's cute, actually.

I mean, adorable.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 11, 2009, 09:00:18 AM

I know.  But who ever says "Burman"?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2009, 09:59:17 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 11, 2009, 09:00:18 AM

I know.  But who ever says "Burman"?

Is it supposed to be Burmese? Though nobody ever says that either. Mainly because nobody talks about Burma. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?