And we're back!

Main Menu

The Giant Isopod

Started by FunkMonk, March 22, 2009, 10:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 23, 2009, 03:38:02 PM
If they could survive in an aquarium...

... they could survive in a New York sewer.

Okay, maybe not. But I like to think that they are down there, along with the white pot plants and the blind alligators.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: fahdiz on March 23, 2009, 03:04:56 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 23, 2009, 02:49:42 PM
Well, I think they should call it "the Tiny Isopod", just to horrify people *more*.  ;D

:D "Yep, this is one of the small ones right here.  You should see Momma!"

Or simply have the caption of the picture be "just hatched".  8)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on March 23, 2009, 04:18:27 PM
Here's a vid of these little dudes in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izw5ZTa3PaQ

Good lord, they really do look just like Sow Bugs.  :o

Darth Wagtaros

I wish I could find the Vampire Stripper Pony site so that I could put the pictures here to annoy Tim.
PDH!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Queequeg

Quote from: Malthus on March 23, 2009, 04:20:35 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 23, 2009, 04:18:27 PM
Here's a vid of these little dudes in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izw5ZTa3PaQ

Good lord, they really do look just like Sow Bugs.  :o
Sow Bugs are crustaceans, not insects, makes perfect sense that form wise they'd look very similar.  Their exoskeletal structure is pretty effective as far as these things go.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

crazy canuck

imagine it boiled, split in two and dripping with butter.  MMMM good.